07-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Free Member

here is my problem i use dvd decryptor to take episodes of a dvd i run them through virtual dub after that through tmpgenc to try and make them smaller but when i load the episode in ulead dvd workshop it has it being twice the size of what it says it was on tmpgenc it say that it is only 220 mb but ends up being 1 gb my main problem here i guess i need advice what is the best way to compress episodes smaller so i can actually fit 5 to 6 episodes on a disc any would be appreciated
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Premium Member

Read the below guides. I've got a feeling your problem is in DVDWS. If the file reads 220MB, the only reason it would comeout differently in DVDWS, is if you were attempting to re-encode the video or audio.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...corderedit.htm

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...nc/tmpgenc.htm

07-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Free Member

Yeah, you probably have the little check box marked that tells the program to "fit to template" on the video tab, and your settings are probably set to High Quality 60 minutes or something like that. Do NOT use the encoder that came with DVDWS. It's not the greatest.
07-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Free Member

okay i tried going the guides you mentioned but my tmpgenc is still not even loading the video i think it might messed up should maybe uninstall it and reinstall and about dvdws how do you not use the encoder that came with the program it won't let me switch to another one only has the one it came with and how do you lower the quality thing i tried but can't figure out where it is located sorry for sounding stupid but i am still new to these program and i have no idea what i am doing