09-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Orko2k
Quick question. I hardly ever download anything, and I have downloaded two kids films for my new girlfriend's daughter. I need them by the weekend. But Nero won't burn the avi one properly and it won't burn the kvcd one at all. Yet in Nero showtime they play both just fine. I have used nero before and created menus aswell but it's not working for me now. Can someone please help as I need these on dvd asap for the weekend.

Thanks JAMIE...
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Free Member

use tmepg plus.. Or quick conversion Vso dvixtodvd
09-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to wayshway
Try the Nero Recode and recode the files to nero digital first. Then do the normal Nero thing after words when you add the files to burn.

Take care
09-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Free Member

If your player is xvid or Divx compliant you may be able to burn them direct to CD depending on size) and the player will play them, the only drawback is there are no chapter points.

I have taken several xvids and put them do DVD by doing the following:

1- Open the file in goldwave, it will open so that you may save the audio as a .wav file

2- Open the xvid(divx) file in TMPGEnc, and then open the audio file you created in goldwave.

3- IF the video is in widescreen go to the advanced options:
Set (on advanced tab) source 1:1 VGA, keep aspect ratio 2.
Set (on video tab) 720x480 4:3 display.
Tmpgenc will letterbox it correctly.

4- If it is not widescreen, you should be ok, save the file as an mpeg2 file and the use and authoring program to author it to DVD.

I use the goldwave step because for some reaason TMPGEnc will create a file without audio if I do not.
09-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
I don't know why anybody would use Nero for anything other than burning. It's terrible at anything not related directly to burning.

Open both files in TMPGEnc, re-encode to DVD compliant formats, author with TDA, burn with whatever (use Nero here, if you want).

You need codecs for your files. AC3 for audio, or MP3. And then the XVID codec (opens Divx) and then KVCD is just an MPEG-1 non-compliant VCD file. Use the GSPOT analyzer to see what the file is using.

If the files will not open, remember these are downloads, zero quality control, so they may be corrupted.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs