digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Encode, Convert for discs (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/)
-   -   Software that supports 24bit 96kHz audio? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/9443-software-supports-24bit.html)

SFtheGreat 02-14-2019 02:46 AM

Software that supports 24bit 96kHz audio?

Hello.

Is there any software to burn DVD-Video (not DVD-Audio) than can support 24-bit 96kHz stereo audio?

Or can autogenerate black image for wav only input?

Because client wants his audio tape on DVD like that.

AVS2DVD can only do 16bit 48kHz as far, as I'm aware.

dpalomaki 02-14-2019 08:10 AM

Do I understand correctly that he wants audio that is currently on audio tape to be recorded to a DVD disc, either with video black, or no video, in a 24-bit, 96 kHz sample rate lossless format?

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 supports PCM audio at 96/24.

Is the tape analog or digital? If analog tape, what format and speed? How was it recorded? Is it Dolby encoded?
Planned playback method may also impact the delivery method selected.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-resolution_audio provides some interesting comments.

The simplest may be to save the audio as a 96k 24-bit .WAV and write the file to a data DVD (with no video). Some research indicates that even musicians and composers can not hear the difference between the video standard 48/16 and higher definition 96/24 material if they are otherwise produced the same. This may in part speak to the very real limitations of playback equipment and listening environments (e.g., speaker systems and listening rooms).

SFtheGreat 02-14-2019 08:46 AM

DTRS master tape, so basically it will be a 1:1 bit to bit copy.

I don't think it's possible to do just audio without video in DVD-Video format without using DVD-Audio.

dpalomaki 02-14-2019 11:33 AM

TAW6 allows you to create a "slide show" which could be one slide (e.g., your black screen if you will) and attach audio at user specified format, including PCM 96/24. This can be recorded to DVD with a menu if you like. You can specify the video data rate as well to conserve space for audio.

SFtheGreat 02-14-2019 11:34 AM

Is there a freeware alternative?

dpalomaki 02-15-2019 08:26 AM

I don't know. Perhaps someone else does.

SFtheGreat 02-15-2019 08:28 AM

I'll be trying with lplex and muxman.

-- merged --

lplex works. Very easy to use. But default is set to NTSC, so be aware that you must specify otherwise if you use normal video system.

lordsmurf 02-15-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFtheGreat (Post 59378)
Is there any software to burn DVD-Video (not DVD-Audio) than can support 24-bit 96kHz stereo audio?

DVD-Video doesn't really support 96hKz audio, only 48kHz.

Officially, yes, specs call for it. But in reality, some players don't support it, and most authorware doesn't allow it. The same is actually true of DVD-Audio entirely -- players just don't do it, mostly because nobody used that part of the spec.

Scenarist might, but that's such a backwards interface, even if you do managed to find/use a cracked copy (something we dissuade heavily) of this ancient payware. READ: That's a warning to not waste your time, because it's a kludge. It's even more backwards than DVD-Lab, and will seem overwhelming if you're used to GUIs like TDA, TAW, and DVDWS2.

Unless your source audio is greater than 48hKz, the conversation is somewhat pointless, sort of like trying to convert VHS to HD/4K. It is not, and never will be, to that level of fidelity. At least with images, you can try to cheat with filtering, but audio has no such cheats.

SFtheGreat 02-16-2019 01:55 AM

lplex is a nice tool to make DVD-Video with just audio and black video, it does it by default and it worked.

The source was 24/96 dtrs master.

The VLC reported that the disc had the specs. Maybe it won't play in player, but should work on computer.

I have long abandoned the VHS to 4K upscale.