Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-20-2019, 02:09 PM
Free Member

Hello All,
Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Also I am greener then green in this field so please bear with me.

I bought a yoga video from a yard sale and I am looking to make a separate dvd for each exercise that is on the dvd. The reason why I am attempting to do this is to replay each section over and over instead of getting up to rewind (if that makes any sense). I am looking for some help on finding a software package that will do this type of editing that is free, (just for personal use so this old man can try and get back into some sort of shape. Getting old is a Bi**h.) The dvd format is (I am "assuming" is standard commercial stuff) .VOB .IFO .BUP ( I have no idea what these mean). Also do DVD player recognize extensions that a computer does ie: mp4 mp3 or any of the other ones. Thank you in advance and have a GREAT day.

Bryan
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-06-2020, 08:33 AM
Free Member

If you have Premiere Pro, it's quite easy. You just have to Dr the VOB files in, which will work most of the time. But I assume you will not have access to that, so what editing software will you be using?

I believe there are a few rare players that can play files other than VOB, but don't count on it.

I don't know if this would work, but there is a website called clip converter.cc where you can upload a clip and convert and/or cut it. When converting from YouTube, the website lets you choose the in and out time. If this option is available upon uploading a file, and they accept VOBs, you should be all set.
01-24-2020, 03:38 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
Hello All,
Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Also I am greener then green in this field so please bear with me.

I bought a yoga video from a yard sale and I am looking to make a separate dvd for each exercise that is on the dvd. The reason why I am attempting to do this is to replay each section over and over instead of getting up to rewind (if that makes any sense). I am looking for some help on finding a software package that will do this type of editing that is free, (just for personal use so this old man can try and get back into some sort of shape. Getting old is a Bi**h.) The dvd format is (I am "assuming" is standard commercial stuff) .VOB .IFO .BUP ( I have no idea what these mean). Also do DVD player recognize extensions that a computer does ie: mp4 mp3 or any of the other ones. Thank you in advance and have a GREAT day.

Bryan
Rip the DVD with something like MakeMKV and use chapters for each exercise. Matroska supports chapter indexing. Your tv won't have any problems playing that file.
11-06-2020, 01:54 AM
Premium Member

Most DVD players allow you to set an A-B repeat of a section of your disc as described here: techwalla.com/articles/how-to-make-a-dvd-play-continuously The catch is you'll probably have to set it each time you remove the disc.

DVD players won't recognize anything but a correctly authored DVD or CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josem84 View Post
Rip the DVD with something like MakeMKV and use chapters for each exercise. Matroska supports chapter indexing. Your tv won't have any problems playing that file.
The OP didn't say anything about have a Smart TV. Only a DVD player which won't play an .mkv.
01-01-2021, 10:34 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Extract disc contents.
There is a guide for this on the forum: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/guides/video/edit-dvd.htm

Or use MakeMKV (and I need to do another guide for it, alternate method hat now exists.)

After extraction, encode to H264 in MKV with Handbrake. (Handbrake not best encoder, but easy for this task.)

Edit MKV in non-lossy editor like TMPGEnc Smart Render, or a freeware alternative.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs