Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-30-2021, 09:09 AM
Free Member

Hello all. I need some help with a problem I'm having after attempting adjusting portion of a audio essay so it can match the image from a movie (which has been tempered with a bit because of some shots repeating themselves). What I want to do is readjust this audio part (which is now faster after the image editing) and adjust the pitch shifting so I can add it back seamlessly with the audio essay. Unfortunately, by doing all this, I'm having audio artifacts that is now seriously affecting the audio portion itself (check the audio samples). What I've been using in my attempt are both Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition.

Is there any way to correct this or to do better for what I want to achieve ?

Thanks if you can help.

Attached Files
File Type: wav Audio before tempering.wav (14.34 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: wav Audio faster (no shift & pitch correction).wav (13.34 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: wav Audio Pitch Shifted.wav (13.35 MB, 5 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-30-2021, 06:30 PM
Free Member

Changing speed but retaining pitch, or vv. can only be done within narrow limits before artifacts become audible. We're up against the laws of physics.

But your last example is a stereo file with the same voice on each track but not time synchronised with each other. What does the left audio represent? What does the right audio represent? It sounds like you've made a a mistake. Is this the effect you are wanting?

Last edited by timtape; 06-30-2021 at 07:22 PM.
08-27-2021, 03:38 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monks19 View Post
Hello all. I need some help with a problem I'm having after attempting adjusting portion of a audio essay so it can match the image from a movie (which has been tempered with a bit because of some shots repeating themselves). What I want to do is readjust this audio part (which is now faster after the image editing) and adjust the pitch shifting so I can add it back seamlessly with the audio essay. Unfortunately, by doing all this, I'm having audio artifacts that is now seriously affecting the audio portion itself (check the audio samples). What I've been using in my attempt are both Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition.

Is there any way to correct this or to do better for what I want to achieve ?

Thanks if you can help.
Changing speed is tricky. Especially if you're speeding up the audio, artifacts are almost unavoidable.
Recently I've faced a similar problem with an exported file. There was a small frame between two clips that caused sound issues in the video. I've checked my original clip with different software and found this extra frame almost by accident. I got rid of it, so these noises were gone as well.
If there are still present, you might try to reduce them.

As another option, maybe something went wrong with audio phases?