Since the original website seems to have disappeared -- shh.sysh.de
-- I'm attaching the useful Restream software to this post.
What Is This?
can be used to edit and repair MPEG file data, including aspect ratio, interlace field order (dominance) and other metadata corrections. To learn more about what this tool is, and how it can be used, refer to the Restream field order guide
. Direct URL: http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/vid...ield-order.htm
Examples of situation where this program is useful:
Download / Installation
- some older ATI AIW cards recorded MPEG with reverse interlace, on some versions of ATI MMC, on some systems
- to fix widescreen files from DVD recorders, patch to 16:9 resolution so it will display correctly on 4:3 televisions
- remove junk metadata from MPEG files that causes video players or MPEG editors like Womble MPEG-VCR to crash
To download the files, simply register for the forum
(it's free!), and then login and download the file below. That's it. Your e-mail address is not sold (no spam!), and you'll be joining a community dedicated to digital media topics -- especially when it comes to creating high quality DVDs! We do this to prevent leeching and download abuse.
Attached below is the installer, archived inside a ZIP file. If you're not sure what a ZIP file is, or how to easily re-join all the pieces, read the instructions on how to use RAR and ZIP files
Restream does not need to be "installed" on a computer, but simply unzipped to your computer:
- Windows 32-bit 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista goes under C:\Program Files\
- Windows 64-bit XP/Vista/7 goes under C:\Program Files (x86)\
And click the THANKS button if this has helped you.