Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Free Member

This is kind of a confusing q, but I need to ask it..

Ok...you know how on comp. vhs videos, to make one, you put a bunch of different clips from diffrent videos onto one tape to form the comp video..and each one has different sounding audio..some clips has hiss, some dont...etc..

Well..the video that I'm putting onto my computer now is similar, but different..for this video, i recorded the clips one by one off of TV as they aired...so, i have 26 clips on this video, but each one came from the tv..and ive put so far about 12 of them on my computer seperately and thus far, all the audio sounds the same...so, for a video like this, would you suggest that i put each clip on one at a time and restore the audio as ive been doing, or just put the entire video on in two, 3 hr recordings, and just do one big audio restoration without seperating the clips...if that makes any sense to you..

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
This is kind of a confusing q, but I need to ask it..

Ok...you know how on comp. vhs videos, to make one, you put a bunch of different clips from diffrent videos onto one tape to form the comp video..and each one has different sounding audio..some clips has hiss, some dont...etc..

Well..the video that I'm putting onto my computer now is similar, but different..for this video, i recorded the clips one by one off of TV as they aired...so, i have 26 clips on this video, but each one came from the tv..and ive put so far about 12 of them on my computer seperately and thus far, all the audio sounds the same...so, for a video like this, would you suggest that i put each clip on one at a time and restore the audio as ive been doing, or just put the entire video on in two, 3 hr recordings, and just do one big audio restoration without seperating the clips...if that makes any sense to you..
If the noise print is equal across the entire tape, then you can restore the entire tape at once (3 hours at a time), yes. There's no need to split up all the clips beforehand.

This was only being done because the noise profiles on some of your past clip comps didn't match up. Each clip had a unique issue to work with.

So again, yes, you can restore it as two 3-hour recordings.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
03-31-2010, 06:08 AM
Free Member

I guess because it sounds to me like the whole video sounds the same, doesn't exactly mean that it is..is there a way that I can confirm for sure that it is all the same?
04-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
Just listen to it. That's really all you can do. There are complicated ways to look a visual versions of waveforms, but even I don't do that -- too time consuming, and I still find my ears to be the better instruments.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs