Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Free Member

Hi,
Hope I'm in the right forum: I downloaded a movie spoken in English but it had a dubbing in another language.
You can hear the English faintly but the dubbing is much louder.
Is there a program (preferabely free) which can erase the dubbing , leeaving me the original audio ?

Thanks.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

If the audio is mixed into the same channels, no, that's not possible.

Some dubbings, however -- many retail VCDs, for example -- stored separate audio in left and right channels. The left would be something like English, while the right would be Mandarin or French or whatever. In this case, it was easy to extract the content from the disc, demux the audio+video streams back to elementary form, and then load the audio in an editor like Sound Forge. In SF, you'd delete the unwanted channel, and then clone the "good" channel onto the now-blank channel. Then re-save the audio and re-create the VCD. Or DVD, or AVI, or whatever it is/was.

For a freeware audio editor, look at Audacity.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!