Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hello, Lordsmurf wanted to ask you a question.
I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook. It has an Intel Atom, Windows XP. With this PC I can use Woble empeg VCR?

Thank you all

Giana

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
I don't have an Acer netbook, or a netbook of any kind, so it's hard to say with 100% certainty.

However, Womble MPEG-VCR was programmed in the Intel Pentium III era, and does not do any complex tasks. It's simply stream copying segments, with minor re-encoding of a few frames at cuts. I'd honestly be surprised if a netbook was too underpowered to perform that task. I'd suggest that a web browser like Firefox or Chrome probably takes more RAM and CPU than Womble does!

I think you'll be fine.

Download and install the demo: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...-mpeg-vcr.html

Trying it is free, after all.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Thanks for reply. Which usb burner do you recommend?

This question has been split from another post or thread. This was done in order to address the topic more in depth, make it easier to find via forum searches, as well as prevent the other post/thread from going too far off-topic. Please continue this part of the conversation here. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

04-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
I've split the DVD burner question here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/medi...-recorder.html
Continue that topic there.

Thanks!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs