Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Free Member

I have quite a few home video MiniDV tapes. Since my Panasonic camcorder doesn't emboss date & time onto the video, I would like to do it during transfer to PC. Can you please suggest any free, lossless software to do this at the time of capturing through Firewire or post capture?

I do not like the idea of having date & time as subtitles on DVD.

Once date and time are stamped, the resulting file should still retain the DV meta data.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

This is something I've never had to do -- not in a decade of shooting/using MiniDV for myself, for family, for friends, and for clients. So I'm not immediately aware of existing software that does this, including software I already own (Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Video, Final Cut Pro, Pinnacle Studio, etc).

A quick Google search shows several options:

vDTS (Visual DV Time Stamp) is older, and I see people recommending it online at several sites: tomshardware, creativecow, videohelp.

Ulead Video Edit Studio, a discontinued software, also appears to have had the function built-in.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Free Member

Thanks kmedia. I will check out those. I also tested Enosoft DV processor (free) but it doesn't allow formatting of the date & time in terms of font...etc.