digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Edit Video, Audio (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-editing/)
-   -   How do I fix out of sync audio? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-editing/5314-how-fix-sync.html)

Superstar 08-30-2013 09:34 PM

How do I fix out of sync audio?

I've been putting two shows onto 1 DVD, and it seems like the 2nd show on most of the DVDs ends up with out of sync audio. The picture is a few seconds ahead of the audio.

How can I fix this?

metaleonid 09-28-2013 05:41 AM

Can you be more specific? Is it in sync in the beginning?

Superstar 09-28-2013 09:29 AM

Yes, the first show always seems to be in sync. For some reason, the second show usually ends up going out of sync for some reason...

metaleonid 09-28-2013 10:02 AM

What source files you have for video and audio? mpeg2 I presume for video and what is for audio? Anyway, you will need to find the original source for audio and either squeeze it or stretch it. I always end up doing it, but before going to DVD. I have AVI and WAV. If it's music, I usually seek the clear view of a single drum beat in the beginning and the end of a show and then I analyze how much it is off at the end. I can be more specific, but I think there was a thread where I in detail described how to properly sync it.

Superstar 09-28-2013 11:26 AM

Well, the file itself is a torrent file, and it's .avi format. I take it into ConvertX2DVD, and transfer it to a DVD capable file, and then I burn it onto DVD in ImgBurn..

metaleonid 09-28-2013 12:00 PM

Then you will need to work with AVI file and fix it there. Load to VirtualDub. Save WAV and then edit WAV file. Search for drum beats or claps or anything like that where you can clearly see it and clearly hear it. Mark the time in AVI and WAV files and see how much they are off. Then you will need to adjust WAV file by squeezing/stretching it.

Superstar 09-28-2013 12:16 PM

Ok, well this is a sports video, so you can't really see that it's out of sync just by listening to it....(assuming this program doesn't let you view video as it's doing what you suggested)

Would it still work?

metaleonid 09-28-2013 12:33 PM

In VirtualDub you can view it. What kinda sports? Hockey? Boxing? If so, easy to spot out of sync.

Superstar 09-28-2013 12:43 PM

What happens if the video goes out of sync during the conversion process in ConvertX? Because I think that's when it's happening...

The audio is in sync if I watch the video before I convert it... but for some reason, during the conversion process, that's when the 2nd show seems to be going out of sync the most..

metaleonid 09-28-2013 12:47 PM

That I don't know. I have only dealt with out of sync during video capture into AVI. And that's how I fix it.

admin 09-28-2013 12:59 PM

I have a feeling the AVI has VBR audio (MP3?), which causes a sync error.
What needs to be done is to convert it to WAV in an audio program (Sound Forge or Audacity is suggested for that.)

Superstar 09-28-2013 01:37 PM

Convert the whole video file which is in avi format to WAV & then convert it, in ConvertX?

Or, would I have to seperate the audio from it first?

metaleonid 09-28-2013 01:41 PM

Save audio. Convert to WAV. Then use WAV audio instead of mp3.