Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Free Member

I'm currently in the trial period for Womble MPEG Video DVD Wizard.

I have lots of music videos in .VOB format, ripped from DJ subscription DVD's (Promo Only, ETV, etc.) These are all pre-2009 music videos, so they are Interlaced and either PAL @ 720x576 or NTSC @ 720x480. I've chosen not to transcode/compress them in order to maximize quality.

Here's my problem, though: the audio levels vary greatly, so all I need to do is normalize the audio. For every video I've attempted this on, Womble's results window shows all video content as "stream copy," and NOT "re-encode." However, the resulting MPEG file will have very choppy video playback in VLC, Windows Media Player, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here are my output settings. These are typical, but I always adjust to match the source:

GENERAL
Output Format: MPEG-2 Program

VIDEO
Stream: MPEG-2
Resolution: 720 x 480
Bit Rate: Variable Bit Rate, Peak 8000 kbps

AUDIO
Stream: AC-3
Channels: Stereo
Sample Rate: 48.0 kHz
Bit Rate: 320 kbps
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Honestly, if you want to adjust audio levels, TMPGEnc Smart Renderer 4 would be a much better solution.

Sometimes Womble does odd things, and you either have to ask for tech support, or just use something else. Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD is better than the early pre-DVD version, or MPEG-VCR, which had some ugly quirks. (MPEG-VCR would lose sync on files longer than 2 hours!)

What are you viewing the output file in? Sometimes that's to blame as well.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Free Member

I ended up just buying a copy of Cyberlink Power Producer, which I use for other things aside from the audio restoration mentioned above.

The playback issues from videos edited with Womble manifested themselves in VLC, Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player, etc., so I believe it was the actual file itself and not the software it was played back in.
07-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd5010 View Post
I ended up just buying a copy of Cyberlink Power Producer,

I don't think anyone here would recommend Cyberlink. Lordsmurf's recommendation is better, and there are others -- some of them free. But that's up to you.