Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Free Member

I recently received about 7 video files from a family friend who recorded a Korean War vets stories from that time. I imported the files into Adobe Premiere and exported them out and they are not syncing at all. When I right click on the files and check medio info, it tells me they are 29.97fps, but when I import them into Premiere they come in as 25fps. I'm tried to interpret the footage and make them 29.97, which works for the video portion, but it shrinks the audio so it doesn't match up. I've created new project trying every possible frame rate, but I always have the same issue, not really sure what to do at this point. I've attached the MediaInfo text file so you are able to see all the specs for the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
File Type: txt 25fps.txt (4.1 KB, 1 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-23-2017, 03:36 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
What sort of source files are these?

Adobe Premiere is excellent but stupid software. And all advanced NLEs are like that: Vegas, Final Cut, etc. What I mean by that is it edits wonderfully, but the actual processing of the video is lousy. Never use it for deinterlacing, the output defaults are awful, and the import can be wonky.

Simply prep the video be reconverting it to lossless, using VirtualDub. You likely have a highly compressed H.264 file, and NLEs hate compressed sources.

Mac or Windows?
Adobe Premiere Pro? Elements?
CS version, CC version?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: dinkleberg (09-23-2017)
09-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Free Member

on top of what lordsmurf said Apple's Quicktime libraries are... finicky at best...

Tags
iphone, sync issues