07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Free Member

I am looking at getting the german power ranger releases for my sets, and want to remove the german audio and add the english track in its place.

Before I get them, I wante to find out Which is the best program to do this and how do I do it? Do I use soundforge to do this?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Womble MPEG Video Wizard, but good luck. It's not a simple job of cutting apart audio and video and re-splicing them. Your source and the other source will be different. Getting an exact sync is basically impossible. It's hard enough on cartoons, but live action? Forget it. I wouldn't touch that project with a 10 foot pole. I tried a project like that once. It's about on par with an alcohol-induced hangover.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Free Member

The German releases should be single volumes, if you truly want to attempt this get just one volume and try it.

It is as LS said extremely difficult, animation is easier in the sense it was designed with multiple languages involved (in most cases) so the sync just has to have words come out of characters mouths at the same time.

Live action though is a migraine, since live action is specifically in whatever the native language of the production company and we all know what english words look like so if you get the sync off it looks like some bad japanese-->english dub. The other problem with live action is its often syndicated which means the cuts are more than the original, so you would most likely need to sync portions at a time before and after the commercial break.

Its something everyone should try just to see but for a massive set like Power Rangers I think it would be a lot more trouble then its worth.

Its a shame the Germans are 50/50 when it comes to languages. 1/2 their releases have dual language of English and German (Secret of the Sword Movie, Galaxy Rangers series) and the other half are only German (Power Rangers, Bravestarr), sometimes in the same series its not even standard (Dennis the Menace)