Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Free Member

Quote:
...see if you are satisfied with the results.
This standard is driven by balancing cost, time, deadlines and expectations. All created work, whether written, video, performance, or restoration is infinitely refineable. If cost, time and deadlines are a consideration for a given project then meeting the client/customer/consumer expectations provides a threshold for declaring victory. Going beyond the expectations is an option if conditions permit, and may be worth doing for marketing and future business considerations, self-actualization, and building experience but it also carries an opportunity cost.

Capturing to a good lossless format allows one to go back and rework as needed, as standards/expectations change, as time permits. Capturing to a lossy format limits your future options.
The following users thank dpalomaki for this useful post: lordsmurf (04-17-2019)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-17-2019, 03:34 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalomaki View Post
This standard is driven by balancing cost, time, deadlines and expectations. All created work, whether written, video, performance, or restoration is infinitely refineable. If cost, time and deadlines are a consideration for a given project then meeting the client/customer/consumer expectations provides a threshold for declaring victory. Going beyond the expectations is an option if conditions permit, and may be worth doing for marketing and future business considerations, self-actualization, and building experience but it also carries an opportunity cost.

Capturing to a good lossless format allows one to go back and rework as needed, as standards/expectations change, as time permits. Capturing to a lossy format limits your future options.
Of course I can capture those client videos using Huffyuv, for example. But I am transforming them into a DVD-compatible format with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6.

Then the files will be stored on my computer and if the customer wants to improve, I can fix the quality of the video.

I need to find the right cable for my video camera for audio inputs. Then get started.
04-17-2019, 05:57 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
What sort of audio output does the camera have?
I took pictures from my video camera. You can use them to help me find the right sound for cable searching

-- merged --

Apparently this is the right cable I need? This would get my camera connected to the Ati All-In-Wonder 7500 agp capture card.

Link in cable: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ori...0AAOSw5SpbqTCK

I still connect a precise picture of my camera cable to the connector.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sony DCR-TRV230E PAL (1).jpg (63.0 KB, 3 downloads)
File Type: jpg Sony DCR-TRV230E PAL (2).jpg (66.0 KB, 2 downloads)
File Type: jpg Sony DCR-TRV230E PAL (3).jpg (60.0 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: jpg Sony DCR-TRV230E PAL (4).jpg (58.7 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: jpg Sony DCR-TRV230E PAL (6).jpg (62.6 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: jpg Sony DCR-TRV230E PAL (5).jpg (53.7 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: jpg Tarkka kuva.jpg (70.5 KB, 2 downloads)
04-17-2019, 06:17 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
The "AV out" is a special cable for audio+video, and you need that.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-17-2019, 06:19 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
The "AV out" is a special cable for audio+video, and you need that.
Yeah. I now understand that what kind of cable I need.

It's like that I needed:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AV-A-V-Cable-Cord-For-SONY-Handycam-MiniDV-HDD-VMC-15FS-VMC15FS/182343535766?hash=item2a74858c96:g:EowAAOSw8gVYBBz 0
04-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Premium Member

lordsmurf,

"Since you have the ATI AIW card, capture directly to 15mbit MPEG-2, using my settings (interlaced, etc) from the guide. Encode those down to MPEG to fit the DVD(s)."

As a beginner myself, am interested in your suggestion above for VHS movie recordings from TV. Is there an advantage to this over capturing with MMC directly down to DVD specs before encoding?
Either DVDWS2 or TAW would be good for the authoring in this case?
04-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colony View Post
lordsmurf,

"Since you have the ATI AIW card, capture directly to 15mbit MPEG-2, using my settings (interlaced, etc) from the guide. Encode those down to MPEG to fit the DVD(s)."

As a beginner myself, am interested in your suggestion above for VHS movie recordings from TV. Is there an advantage to this over capturing with MMC directly down to DVD specs before encoding?
Either DVDWS2 or TAW would be good for the authoring in this case?
Can you give me a link to the guide you mean?

My capture card is Ati All-In-Wonder 7500. This capture card is attached to the AGP bus on the computer's motherboard.

But obviously this too can use Ati MMC software, and capture video directly into MPEG-2 format.
04-17-2019, 09:14 AM
Free Member

The A/V cable you need for the TRV230E is likely similar to this (see the Camcorder manual pages 10 and 31 for pictures):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Jac...AAAMXQ74JTRqnp
Note that it has a special 4-conductor 3.5mm phone jack at one end and 3 RCA connectors at the other end, two for audio and one for composite video.

The links you gave is for a different cable that also had s-video on it. Your TRV230E has a separate s-video jack on the body. (It also has an iLink (AKA: IEEE1394, firewire) connector, and a LANC connector that can be used to control the camcorder.)

In their infinite wisdom Sony use several different A/V cables with different camcorder models, so be sure to verify what you order is appropriate for your unit.
The following users thank dpalomaki for this useful post: sanlyn (04-17-2019)