07-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Free Member

I captured this JVC-S7800U>ES-15>VC-500.
My TBC-1000 wreaked havoc (rolling, jumping) on this old EP tape so it was not in the loop.
I cannot code, much prefer pushing filter buttons in Vdub.
My helmet is securely fastened to my head, and for breathing I have a large ziploc with enclosed lilac sachet in case you make me hyperventilate.

-- merged --

Well, here is what I came up with.
In Vdub I used YADIF, Camcorder color denoise, and warp sharp.
Then, in PowerDirector I color-corrected, lightened the image, desaturated, tried to deepen the blacks, and placed a mask around the edges. Monitor is not calibrated other than my eyes, that can be problematic.

Attached Files
File Type: avi TigerB.avi (89.58 MB, 50 downloads)
File Type: mp4 Champ finalcut_0.mp4 (8.89 MB, 30 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-24-2019, 03:54 PM
Free Member

i can't open your video TigerB.avi , i don't know what codec you used (i have plenty installed) but it's a no go.
07-24-2019, 08:41 PM
Free Member

That is a UTvideo codec.
07-25-2019, 06:25 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
i can't open your video TigerB.avi , i don't know what codec you used (i have plenty installed) but it's a no go.
The codec's fourcc code is YMY2, I found it in the latest version of the UT codec suite (https://www.videohelp.com/software/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite). UT is still under development, not many people use it and most media players can't read it. If you have the older UT suite installed, uninstall it before using the new version.

After the new UT suite is installed, the video can be opened in VirtualDub, but some PC players still won't read it. The mp4 looks worse than the original -- also a good example of why monitors should be calibrated for video or graphics work.
07-26-2019, 03:23 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
FYI, selur's Hybrid makes using QTMGC, and several other Avisynth/Vapoursynth filters, really easy. It's a GUI, no scripting required. The GUI does have a mild learning curve, but honestly no worse than VirtualDub.

CCD is VirtualDub only, so you'll find yourself using both. Just use UtVideo or Huffyuv(FFMPEG) as intermediary output from Hybrid.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Free Member

QTMGC, wow, what a difference. I had Hybrid installed before but this time I used it correctly.
07-26-2019, 10:19 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
With QTGMC, just use the "faster" (fastest?) preset. Slow blurs.

Older versions of Hybrid had issues, Avisynth didn't work correctly or at all. I upgraded some month back, after interacting with selur. It's been behaving well since then.

I sometimes also manually add scripting to Hybrid, for non-included filters. So it's versatile.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Free Member

OK, so here is another example.
Same capture in Vdub1.9>Deinterlace in Hybrid>Camcorder Color De-Noise in Vdub1.9>Render sample as-is in PowerDirector (no color correction).
I see halo around the legs of the fighters over the blue ring floor, but it's there in the original. Some of the shenanigans I tried just made it worse.

Attached Files
File Type: mp4 Produce.mp4 (16.66 MB, 14 downloads)
07-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Free Member

Try something like this (to be improved)

Code:
AVISource("TigerB.avi")
coloryuv(cont_v=-90,gain_v=7)
ConverttoRGB32(matrix="rec601",interlaced=true)
separatefields()
LoadVirtualDubPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\virtualdubmod1.5\plugins\Camcorder_Color_Denoise_sse2.vdf", "CCD", 0)
CCD(10,1) # de 0 à 100 # Défaut =30, retail vhs between 7-15
weave()
converttoyv12(matrix="Rec601",interlaced=true)
QTGMC(preset="fast",EZDenoise=3,denoiser="dfttest()",TR2=1,ChromaMotion=true, border=true,ChromaNoise=true,DenoiseMC=true,GrainRestore=0.5,edithreads=4)
selecteven()

#### DEHALO ####
main=last
main
HQDering(strength=255) 
Santiag(strv=1,strh=0)

x=last
s=40
w=5
i=x.binomialBlur(varY=0.5, varC=0, Y=3, U=2, V=2, useMMX=true)
j=subtract(i,x).levels(0+s,1,255-s,0,255)
w=w*(128/s)
k=j.levels(127-w,1,128+w,127-w,128+w)
subtract(x,k)

filtered=last
main
mt_edge(mode="min/max",chroma="copy").mt_expand
mymask=last
mt_merge(main, filtered, mymask)

#### REMOVE CHROMA BLEEDING #######
#chromavid = awarpsharp2(depth=24,chroma=3)
#mergechroma(chromavid,1.0) #
o=last
warp1=o.mergechroma(o.blur(1.0).unsharpmask(255,1,1).aWarpSharp(depth=11.0, thresh=0.71, blurlevel=1, cm=1))
warp2=o.mergechroma(warp1.blur(1.0).unsharpmask(255,1,1).aWarpSharp(depth=11.0, thresh=0.71, blurlevel=2, cm=1))
# interleave(o,warp1,warp2)  # 
warp2
08-29-2019, 06:04 PM
Free Member

I have not tried this yet, but I am gong to take the leap. the only thing I ever coded was a bubble sort in basic on my Radio Shack Color Computer. God I miss the sound of that dot-matrix printer...
As a very important side-note here is it generally better to deinterlace before or after applying other filters?
08-30-2019, 03:50 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Avisynth script coding is in many ways very similar to Basic, QBasic and VisualBasic. It's somewhat "like English" and bis procedural: statements are executed in the order in which they appear. Most people arrange things in logical order: start with importing any special plugins, proceed with opening a video file, then list your filters in the order in which they are to be used. Obviously you would do things like denoise before sharpening (who wants to see sharpened noise? -- and besides, a lot of video looks oversharpened anyway). I don't know why people feel that deinterlacing is mandatory. It's a destructive process that isn't always needed and in itself it doesn't improve quality except in very specialized situations. A few Avisynth filters strictly require it. Something like dither tools, deen, anti-aliasing, and ReplaceFramesMC should be deinterlaced, while filters like MCTemporalDenoise and RemoveSpotsMC can be used with SeparateFields and re-weaved. For internet posting it's obviously required. You can always test something temporarily by starting a line of text with the comment character ("#") to make it a comment instead of an executable statement.

Looking at posted scripts is the best way to get a directly visual sample of how people use Avisynth. Isn't looking at sample Basic code the way you learned Basic? If you get errors, don't be afraid to ask questions -- but do include a copy of your script and the exact text of the error message. Just saying "it doesn't work" won't get much of a response in forums.
08-30-2019, 04:38 AM
Free Member

I barely learned the little I did back then. I was a kid and then went into construction and the computing world went whizzing by me, it still does mostly. My silly comment was to illustrate my time tested ignorance. I can build you a bridge, a road, a tunnel, but this stuff here is HARD! The reason I am de-interlacing is because my friend wants it to be internet streaming files, so I am keeping the captures in lossless, but giving him the processed files, too. He doesn't care about DVDs, just seeing them on his phone, tablet or computer. Thank you all for this great site. I actually used a plug-in to re-align the chroma so the boxing ring ropes (very apparent) and the rest of the video didn't have a ghostly image below it. Every click and the ghosty colors went up a row, click, up, click, up until it was aligned, frickin amazing.

Tags
es-15, s-7800u