03-16-2021, 09:13 PM
Free Member

Hello,

So I wanted to deinterlace some videos that I am going to use for video editing purposes if you will. However, Virtualdub always gives me an .avi file that for some reason does not have any video (see attachment, "AVI files," and "why does it do this" in that order).

I truly do not know what I am doing wrong and I am very lost. I am using VirtualDub_FilterMod_40121 as I was told to use this version of Virtualdub to avoid any problems with capturing. So when I opened Virtualdub I opened an .avi file and then put a deinterlacing filter on it (see attachment, "filters"). For the compression I put the FFMPEG Huffyuv lossless codec (see attachment, "compression").
  • Note: I also used the (Uncompressed RGB/YCbCr) compression and it produced the same result with the .AVI file only playing the audio
After I did those two things this was the result (see attachment, "before and after"). and then went to Save as and did AVI handled by FFMPEG (*.avi) (see attachment, "saving").

And this is all, I did not do anything else and this predicament has been very frustrating so hopefully I can resolve this problem.

- Glitchy Windows

Attached Images
File Type: png AVI files.PNG (12.1 KB, 8 downloads)
File Type: png why does it do this.PNG (77.8 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: png filters.PNG (42.3 KB, 3 downloads)
File Type: png compression.PNG (32.0 KB, 2 downloads)
File Type: jpg before and after.jpg (16.4 KB, 4 downloads)
File Type: png saving.PNG (8.2 KB, 3 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-17-2021, 04:06 PM
Free Member

Don't play anything in Windows Media Player, which is notoriously unreliable. Try VLC and see if that helps. https://www.videolan.org/
03-27-2021, 06:02 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
I don't understand what you're asking.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs