06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post so please be patient. I have some dvd's that have were captured from vhs(not by me nor do I have the tapes).I am using procoder. I have used dvd decrypter to rip the .ifo and 5 vob files from the dvd. Decrypter read the disc as sony dvd recorder if that helps. Anyway I loaded the 5 vob files as source and selected dvd as target, selected some filters to clean things up and hit convert. Well it runs all night and is still not done. Its a 1 hour show on the dvd. I did not select stitch. There is some color and noise issue to clean up and I think I am doing ok there. I stopped it and burned what I had done and it looked better but no sound. I am thinking because I stopped the program. Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Procoder is good software, excellent encoder engine.
The filters are decent. It will work.

The sad thing is that the options to improve video are dimished once you convert the analog digital. It would have been best to restore them in the analog realm. But what's done is done.

How fast a computer encode is based on how many filters are in use, as well as the speed of the processor.

The sound is converted after the video, so yes, that is why there is no sound. Or it least could be. Procoder can only read so many audio codecs, so be sure it shows as being read in the source window.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
06-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Premium Member

2 filters. 2.8 AMD with 1 gig ram.
06-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Procoder usually gives a estimatesd completion time. Even with a LOT of filters, I don't see how it could take longer than 12-18 hours at most.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!