Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Yeah, I don't actually use this method, I use something harder and more complex. I kept the guide easy for you, used the easiest method I know of. Attached is a RAR file with the missing DLLs in it. I really don't know where these go. Try to stick them in the same folder where you installed HeadAC3he. If that doesn't work, add them to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

That should work.

Attached Files
File Type: rar headac3he-dll-files.rar (297.2 KB, 3 downloads)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Free Member

Well, first I tried to put them in the Headac3he folder...well it wasn't actually a folder, when I downloaded it the program, I clicked save and saved it to the desktop, and it saved as Headac3he -v023a setup, and everytime I double click it, a window comes up with several things on the left of the window, and one of them is HeadAC3he.exe, so I click that and it opens the program from that.
So, I downloaded the missing dll files you just posted and it replaced the entire headac3he program..so I went and re-dl'ed the headac3he, and then I re-installed the dll's you just posted in the system32 folder that you said to, then I tried to re-open the headac3he again, and I got the same error, and it said that the dll's failed to load, as i showed in my last post...
Did I do something wrong?
06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Free Member

I tried extracting them to the desktop, and then i drug them and dropped them into the headac3he setup icon...i tried re-opening it after i drug all the dll's , and several errors came up. and a few that previously said failed now said succeeded..but still even a few that i drug over said failed to load...
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Install everything at C:\Program Files\HeadAC3he\

06-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Free Member

Should I just delete the headac3he setup icon from my desktop (which I assumes deletes it completely from my computer?) and then try to download the program another way? I'm not sure how else I could install it though, because when I save it, it always saves it the same way..the headac3he setup icon to my desktop...so I'm not sure what else I can do?

I don't have this in program files..C:\Program Files\HeadAC3he\ ..
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Free Member

I notice it's installing it thru WinRar...
06-08-2009, 03:12 PM

Make it.
C:\Program Files\HeadAC3he\

UnRAR everything there.

06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Free Member

Ok..I just made it...when I install the dll files u gave me, do I unRAR everything one by one in the headac3he folder? or should i drag them into the program? I've never done anything with dll files so I'm not sure how to do it...obviously what I said I did earlier with them didn't work. I deleted the headac3he prog and the files u gave me, and I havent re-installed them yet.
06-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Free Member

Ok, here's a screenshot of what I've done. I created the folder in Program Files as you told me to do. Then I saved the dll's that you gave me with the HeadAC3he program, but as you see in the picture, only a few worked when I opened HeadAC3he. I think I've done everything the way you told me to do...am I doing something wrong?

1.jpg

06-08-2009, 09:15 PM

HeadAC3he is a headache. I give up. That software appears to be very half-assed by whatever programmer created it.

Later this week or early next week, I'll see about making a guide for another set of programs.

If you are in a hurry, search the internet for Besweet and use the BeLight GUI, and you'll need the ac3enc.dll file. You already know all the information on audio files to create (48kHz, etc). Use that information to guess your way around the software.

06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Free Member

Yes, HeadAC3he is a massive headache for sure. I guess I'll just delete it completely from my computer. I'll give BeSweet and BeLight a shot. I'm sure they won't work for me either since nothing else is, I'm getting beyond frustrated to say the least lol.
Alright then, I'll patiently await the guides you said you're going to create. I know you said earlier that you use different stuff that is more complicated, but I'd like to give it a shot..as you know I want to do the best that I can with my DVDs so if you can make a guide for those, I think I can do it. I'll certainly spend many hours trying at least.
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Free Member

I can still use the ffmpeg or whatever it's called, that downloaded ok and I know that's the program to use to put the wav back to ac3, then I go to soundforge, is there just one other program with a guide already wrote for it that I could replace HeadAc3he with to convert the ac3 to wav?
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
A guide for another method is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...-ac3-1465.html
This one is very cheap (only $29) and will be better than freeware anyway (both in effort, and audio quality).

Enjoy.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
06-14-2009, 01:30 PM

You might consider downloading HeadAC3he and all of the DLL files one more time.
Get them from here: http://www.geocities.com/orbital_bearing/headac3he.html.
See if those versions work better for you. Tell me how that goes.

06-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Free Member

Ok, I got the wav saved in Goldwave, that was simple, I wish all this was that easy lol.
I opened an audio file in SF, and I selected the (sys) Hiss Cut (cut above 8khz by 6db) filter..and I was moving the controls up and down..and was testing it to see how the original sounded, and how it'd sound with what I was doing, and I noticed the original was a lot louder then what I was trying..so...I don't think I was doing something right, because the original sounded a lot better then what I was trying to do.

Should I stick with this particular filter?

Also, of all the bar controls in the middle and the 2 long ones on the left, where do you think I should put each control at to achieve the best quality that I can get?

For example, in the middle towards the bottom it says "Center Frequency" (20 to 15,000 hz) then next to that is 4 controls and there is a box under each one, and when I move one of the controls, the numbers change, should I try to have a set number in each one? Here's what's in there now, going from left to right, 109, 292, 829, 5,000
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
(sys) Hiss Cut (cut above 8khz by 6db) filter
I don't suggest this filter, very weak, it doesn't hardly do anything. That's a filter that comes with the program, it's not a digitalFAQ Filter Pack filter.

Quote:
..and I was moving the controls up and down..
You shouldn't be moving anything on the filters. They are preset to the proper values. The only thing you should do is press the preview button to hear how it changes the audio. If it's not good, try another preset. Don't move sliders.

Quote:
how it'd sound with what I was doing, and I noticed the original was a lot louder then what I was trying..so...I don't think I was doing something right, because the original sounded a lot better then what I was trying to do.
You weren't. I'd guess you were changing the gain levels. There's no reason to alter anything in the filter set.

Quote:
Also, of all the bar controls in the middle and the 2 long ones on the left, where do you think I should put each control at to achieve the best quality that I can get?
You don't. That's how you'd make a new filter preset, and you're nowhere near ready for that.

06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Free Member

Oh wow..ok..I was totally doing it wrong then. So I just select different filters in the drop down and hit preview, thats easy enough.
06-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Free Member

Should I only use 1 filter on each video? Each vid is around 3 hrs..I dont see how I could use 2 in one video..but i figured id ask to be safe..
06-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Free Member

I decided to go with High Restore E -Hiss Removal it seemed to work best....I hit Ok and the filter screen disappeared and its running a blue bar right now..did i do that right, or should I of hit save as in the filter box instead of ok?
06-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Free Member

I just played a few secs of it after the blue bar finished, (I assume it was playing the audio with the filter?) and I could still hear some crackling in it..does that mean I should've picked another filter..? The volume sounds higher and a lil more clearer then the original, but I could still hear the crackling..