Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Free Member

This is what I have - looked it up.

http://www.etiexpress.com/ProductAdv.aspx?pid=362878

From the picture, looks like it does have S-video.

The Capture Card may be this since it's also listed in my configuration:

http://www.txcesssurplus.com/servlet...io-Plus/Detail
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Free Member

So, I ended up winning the aution for the unit at $170 + $30 S&H. I'm just hoping that it will be able to change the color, as needed on my video. Greenish to Pinkish seems extreme - but it does boast 360 degree color correction.

Thank you for all the posts that helped me understand what I needed to do, better.
02-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Free Member

BPV-4+ for the price of a AVT-8710...that's a deal.
02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

How green is green?

Below is a some images from a recent project, where the client gave us permission to use some sample before/after images for various guides, illustrations, samples of our work, etc.

Step #1

The videotape was almost completely shades of green. There was no other color in the image. Using a proc amp, specifically a BVP-4 Plus in excellent condition, this "before" is what was pulled from the tape. Notice how non-green colors have been restored. Further processing in software (Premiere Pro + VirtualDub + Avisynth) was able to reverse the green-only damage, which is the "after" clip in the first drag.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.
Admin refused to unhide hidden content
nothing will help to see hidden content

Step #2

You'll notice there is still green noise on highlights in the above "after" -- which is the "before" in this second comparison. Using more advanced NR filters, the final green noise was eradicated, leaving only a quality video that has some decent real-life color balance going on. There were some tweaks to remove magento huing, as well. Note the gray hair free of hues, the skin tones, the colors of clothes and wood.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.
Admin refused to unhide hidden content
nothing will help to see hidden content

Without a proc amp, this never would have happened. Software could have never restored the green-only video like this. So a proc amp is not a cure-all as much as it's a huge assistant. If you video is less damaged, then quite often a proc amp can fully recover video to proper colors.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg video-gymcolor-before.jpg (45.8 KB, 30 downloads)
File Type: jpg video-gymcolor-pass2-after.jpg (44.4 KB, 30 downloads)
File Type: jpg video-gymcolor-pass2-before.jpg (46.9 KB, 30 downloads)
File Type: jpg video-gymcolor-pass2-before-copy.jpg (46.9 KB, 30 downloads)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Free Member

So, I received the unit, yesterday. Can't wait to use it. Quick question, if I use the split screen feature will this transfer to my digital transfer as a split screen, or is it just going to be on-screen? I know in the manual it says that you can record the split screen - so I don't know what I have to do if I don't want to record it.
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpe94 View Post
if I use the split screen feature will this transfer to my digital transfer as a split screen
Yes, it would record the split screen.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs