digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Restore, Filter, Improve Quality (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/)
-   -   Is the Sima SCC-2 any good? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/4007-sima-scc-good.html)

Cyclone82 03-10-2012 03:43 AM

Is the Sima SCC-2 any good?

Hi i was wondering if the Sima SCC-2 Video Processor/Enhancer with Color Corrector-Pro is any good and will it work with PAL and NTSC? Anybody here use one? I need something that will work with PAL and NTSC.

Thanks

Giana 03-12-2012 04:46 PM

It works in PAL and NTSC:thumb:

Cyclone82 03-12-2012 09:15 PM

Might be my only choice for a detailer/proc amp if i can i can find one anyway. I know they had 2 models. I think one was a TBC and a colour corrector and the other one was more of a proc amp/detailer?

lordsmurf 04-01-2012 09:03 AM

I've never been a fan of Sima products -- they're weak -- but it should function.
I'd much prefer SignVideo or Elite Video processors, but those are mostly NTSC video proc amps. So you may be forced to use the Sima gear.

Since you properly put a "u" in colour, I'll assume you're in UK or some other PAL land. ;)

Giana 04-01-2012 12:53 PM

Lordsmurf .. five years that will follow you .. all began when I bought on ebay for a Panasonic FS200 case .. I searched the internet for ratings and I happened on this wonderful site ..:)

However, I have struggled just to look for these proc-amp PAL.
Signvideo, Elite Pal and I always work hard to find good in NTSC.

I own a CYP-CCR-8 aka Sima scc-2: PAL / NTSC. Sima scc-1 is NTSC only.
Another brand to look for on Ebay is the Video Tech Designs I have a model VCC 3010, has s-video but it is not working

lordsmurf 04-01-2012 01:07 PM

Thanks, Giana. :)

Giana 04-01-2012 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2487 Video Tech Designs Past Product

Cyclone82 04-05-2012 11:57 PM

Yeah i am in Australia. Hardest part is finding a Sima SCC2. Would love the Sign Video gear but if they are only NTSC and especially since most of my NTSC tapes are brand new & sealed or only been opened and watched once recently they may not need a proc amp. Most of my tapes are brand new or in very,very good condition with only a light flicker or jump every so often.

So if i looked for CYP-CCR-8 it would be same as Sima SCC2? Funny that, if it is the same, its been superceded by what is basically the Cypress/AV Tool TBC. Were they actually the same thing?

http://www.converters.tv/products/ntsc_to_ntsc/56.html

Cyclone82 04-06-2012 12:27 AM

So Giana, What do you think of the CYP-CCR-8 aka Sima scc-2? Does it work, has it proven useful? I reckon i would most need it to sharpen some tapes and fix the colour on some of my older well used tapes.

Giana 04-06-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone82 (Post 20305)
So Giana, What do you think of the CYP-CCR-8 aka Sima scc-2? Does it work, has it proven useful? I reckon i would most need it to sharpen some tapes and fix the colour on some of my older well used tapes.

Cyp ccr-8 is = to Sima scc-2. is identical. It works. The command of detail, is very weak. I tested it with THX text.
Alternatively look Sony xv- C900, Video Tech Designs

Cyclone82 04-06-2012 09:51 PM

What does 'command of detail' mean?

I wonder what makes the Sign Video gear NTSC only? Is it jus the IRE black level? i wonder if they are just NTSC anyway and its only because they they are 110 volts and 'american' that the company just says NTSC but they may in fact be ok for PAL. Has anyone tried them on PAL?

I actually found documentation on the first Sima colour corrector which is supposedly only NTSC but in the manual it only says one of the adsjustments is NTSC only and other you can use for PAL.

According to the manual the Sony xv- C900 is NTSC only too :(