digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Restore, Filter, Improve Quality (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/)
-   -   Advice for converting VHS-C tapes, Panasonic vs. JVC VCRs? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/4659-advice-converting-vhs.html)

admin 10-25-2012 07:07 AM

Well, that's eBay for you. Hopefully you get a prompt refund, and that's that. Try again.
I can't even count the number of times I've played the eBay game. And make no mistake, it's a game (gambling).

And I leave negative feedback if there wasn't a good reason for cancellation. My time is worth more than "oops, sorry dude". :rolleyes:

volksjager 10-25-2012 07:55 AM

why did they do that?
report them to ebay and leave a negative feedback.

i have 2 working DR-M10S for sale , but im not sure if they work with PAL which you probably need.
i also have 2 parts units.

Tomas84 10-25-2012 08:41 AM

They told me that the unit got some exterior damage during shippment. I have asked what damage, because I can repair it maybe, and he answered that it is not for sell anymore. No reason, no description, he obviously doesn't want to sell the item.
Money refunded, so it's ok, but I think I will give negative rating anyway, because he gave me no reasonable excuse.

Maybe I will have better luck with the german unit I have bidded at, but I must find someone in Germany to forward the package to me.

unclescoob 10-25-2012 12:12 PM

Hi Smurf,

Did you receive my PM?

Tomas84 10-27-2012 04:31 PM

What is dynamic drum feature? I have read some "theory", but how does it behave in real world application? Do I need it for converting SP speed VHS tapes? The decks with this future are more expensive, so I don't know if it is worth the money...

kpmedia 11-01-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas84 (Post 23634)
What is dynamic drum feature? I have read some "theory", but how does it behave in real world application? Do I need it for converting SP speed VHS tapes? The decks with this future are more expensive, so I don't know if it is worth the money...

It's explained in the manual... and I don't know that I could do a better job than that.
The head essentially reacts in relation to the tape, in order to provide the best possible signal. And it actually works.

It's generally not as beneficial to SP mode tapes as it would be to longer modes (LP, SLP/EP).

volksjager 11-02-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmedia (Post 23699)
It's explained in the manual... and I don't know that I could do a better job than that.
The head essentially reacts in relation to the tape, in order to provide the best possible signal. And it actually works.

It's generally not as beneficial to SP mode tapes as it would be to longer modes (LP, SLP/EP).

most of what ive read says the Ag-1980 is better with the long play modes.
so are you generally better off with a DD JVC or an AG-1980?
all my stuff is SP so have no experience with this.

lordsmurf 02-08-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volksjager (Post 23701)
most of what ive read says the Ag-1980 is better with the long play modes.
so are you generally better off with a DD JVC or an AG-1980?
all my stuff is SP so have no experience with this.

Correct. JVC, DD (dynamic drum) model or not, tends to be better with SP mode.