digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Restore, Filter, Improve Quality (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/)
-   -   Video color matching problem with VirtualDub!? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/4884-video-color-matching.html)

Mejnour 01-25-2013 01:53 PM

Video color matching problem with VirtualDub!?

3 Attachment(s)
Hello guys,

I would like to know what should I do when I see a difference in color at the acquisition vs lecture of the same video? I took a snap shot of the difference of color I get! I use virtualdub 1.9. At least playing with media player or virtualdub give the same result.

Maybe my acquisition settings are wrong! I am a bit lost with what is important and what is not with during acquisition.:mad4:

Here my settings

Video Color depth
Decompression format = Autoselect
output format to compressor/display = 4:2:2 UYVY (why not YUY2?)

video compression
Huffyuv v.2.1.1 Multi-Threading (I have a PC-DL deluxe motherboard)

Video
Full processing mode (or Direct stream copy or fast recompress or normal recompress)

Audio
Direct stream copy (or full processing mode)

Option
Sync to audio

Thanks

Mejnour 01-26-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mejnour (Post 24600)
Hello guys,

I would like to know what should I do when I see a difference in color at the acquisition vs lecture of the same video? I took a snap shot of the difference of color I get! I use virtualdub 1.9. At least playing with media player or virtualdub give the same result.

Maybe my acquisition settings are wrong! I am a bit lost with what is important and what is not with during acquisition.:mad4:

Found my color problem, got to Options/Preferences/Display "uncheck" Use DirectX for display panes!

If I can get input for my settings would be nice...

kpmedia 01-26-2013 02:28 PM

Yep. You beat me to it. By default that nuisance setting is turned on. :weird:

Mejnour 01-26-2013 05:11 PM

About the "huffy configuration dialog"

If I understand this codec; the 2 windows "YuY2 compression method" and "RGB compression method"
mean that we have 2 choices for compression YuY2 or RGB? Correct! But do we have really the choice?

It sound like a dumb question but what determine wich one will be chose by default since they are in 2 separate windows? I know that I am missing something...

Huffyuv know itself just by the input?

I mean if I feed the video card with a VHS tape, he will automatically use YUY2 to compress?

If I use a DVD he will automatically use RGB to compress?

Thanks

themaster1 01-26-2013 06:21 PM

by default it's set to encode in yuy2 otherwise you must enable the option "always output rgb" i believe if you want rgb

Mejnour 01-28-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaster1 (Post 24615)
by default it's set to encode in yuy2 otherwise you must enable the option "always output rgb" i believe if you want rgb

Seem logic I guess

Thanks

anybody else can confirm please?

kpmedia 01-31-2013 01:22 AM

Here! I can confirm. :2cents: