Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Free Member

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to match colors between too video footages (animation) of the same film ? What I mean is that I'm trying to color correct a recent release of an animation movie by matching it's color (that had been messed up) with an earlyer release of the same movie with the right colors pallette. I know that avisynth can (probably) do something like that, but since it's a heavily scripts based program and that since I didn't found yet a good step-by-step tutorial to use it with the right filter(s), I can't really use it. I tryed using the "match color " function and the batch tools in photoshop (frame by frame), but it did'n work since the reference images never change during the process, only the "images to processed" works. So, I'm stuck for now.

Any suggestions, solutions or detailed tutorials will be welcomed.

Thanks to answer
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
How is this being restored? Are you combining footage? I don't entirely understand.

This much I can say: Avisynth is great, but it not a good tool for color correction.
For something like this, I would either use Adobe Premiere or VirtualDub with ColorMill.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs