Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Note: You can attach the avs files here, no need to convert to txt.

You can also embed them with the code (#) feature.
Code:
Avisource
etc

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
The original seems to have gone around the block a few times, with somebody screwing up field priority at one point. For what it's worth, attached is a text file of the scripts.
I doubt it. This was an (external) VCR->DVD-Recorder job, so I doubt they could have messed with that sort of thing.
06-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Free Member

Digging deeper into this batch of tapes, I've found a tape that completely blows that first one out of the water. On this one, it's almost as if someone screwed with the tint, since everything has an ugly green cast to it (which is weird, since this is a first gen tape). Granted, this is a tape from 1981(!), and MTV was but 3 months old and didn't have a whole lot of expertise with their equipment, it could be an equipment/broadcast error. However, I have a tape from just a couple months earlier, and it looks fine in regards to color balance.

Attached Files
File Type: mpg SuperEarlyMTV.mpg (31.97 MB, 11 downloads)
File Type: mpg SuperEarlyMTV2.mpg (28.31 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: mpg Old tape but the color's still fine.mpg (30.43 MB, 1 downloads)

Last edited by Belmont; 06-16-2014 at 05:03 PM.
06-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont View Post
Digging deeper into this batch of tapes, I've found a tape that completely blows that first one out of the water. On this one, it's almost as if someone screwed with the tint, since everything has an ugly green cast to it (which is weird, since this is a first gen tape). Granted, this is a tape from 1981(!), and MTV was but 3 months old and didn't have a whole lot of expertise with their equipment, it could be an equipment/broadcast error. However, I have a tape from just a couple months earlier, and it looks fine in regards to color balance.
When I see something like this, it makes my nitpicking on my own stuff seem like I have OCD