digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Restore, Filter, Improve Quality (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/)
-   -   ImageSource insists on starting at 0 in sequence? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-restore/8382-imagesource-insists-starting.html)

koberulz 12-29-2017 04:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Code:

SourceVid = AVISource("Capture2.avi")
Patch1 = ImageSource("RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_%05d.png,start=6946,end=6947")

return Patch1

Returns this error:
Code:

---------------------------
VirtualDub Error
Avisynth open failure:
ImageReader: error 'Could not open file' in DevIL library.
reading file "[path]\RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_00000.png,start=6946,end=6947"
DevIL version 166.
([file].avs, line 2)
OK 

What am I doing wrong? The way I understand the documentation, the 'start' parameter should have it skip the first 6945 numbers when looking for file names, so the absence of 00000.png should be irrelevant.

For context, I've tried to use FixRips to fix up some footage, with the crop-and-overlay technique. But it couldn't avoid all the areas I needed to avoid, so where it's too aggressive I've pulled small sequences of frames into After Effects, and then am exporting as PNG sequences either patched up in AE or for editing in Photoshop. I'm then hoping I can use RemapFrames or similar to re-insert the PNGs to the correct place in the AVI. So for this two-frame sequence manually pulling in each PNG probably isn't a bad workaround, but 10-15 frame sequences later on are going to be an absolute pain unless I can get this working.

As discovered in the VH equivalent of this thread, it turns out I'm too stupid to put my closing quotes in the right spot.

Here's the result.

lordsmurf 01-28-2018 08:34 AM

It doesn't happen often, but I have no idea what you're trying to do here. None.

koberulz 01-28-2018 10:26 AM

I used your cleanup script to get rid of the various glitches and things. Of course, that also removes limbs and the ball quite regularly.

So I then used the code sanlyn gave me to crop it just to problem areas on problem frames, and overlay it (where it's working on the capture and "B" is the version that's been through your cleanup filter):
Code:

C = B.Crop(0,34,0,16)
O = Overlay(A,C,x=0,y=34)
A1 = ReplaceFramesSimple(A,O,mappings="[1211 1216]")

Etc, etc. Occasionally also using ReplaceFramesMC() instead of B, depending on the exact issue.

This still isn't perfect - for example sometimes the glitches occurred over the ball, so I had no choice but to wipe the ball out if I wanted to remove the error. In these cases I brought those frames into Photoshop, painted the ball back in, and saved as a PNG sequence.

Then used RemapFrames to put the Photoshopped frames back in their correct spot.

For the one at 33-34 seconds, it was just fading out the guy in white on the top left, then fading him in at his new spot. So I had to get into AE and create a morph from one position to another (after masking the player), Photoshop to create a clean background plate, and composite all of it and crop it to the problem area.

Plus the usual color correction, noise removal, etc.

lordsmurf 02-03-2018 06:07 PM

You're doing something I've never done.

And I'm still 100% sure what exactly you're doing. I'd have to see the step-by-step with samples as you go (not just before/after). From what I gather, filtering only parts of an image, merging things, and retouching in Photoshop and AE.

That seems like a lot of work for a personal project. :eek:

koberulz 02-04-2018 08:54 AM

I'm an obsessive bastard. It's only a handful of frames over the whole game, so it's not too bad.

And, frankly, it's fun. That one at 33-34 seconds was incredibly satisfying when I beat it. I threw so many different things at it trying to make it work, in several different combinations, and having actually solved that problem was immensely satisfying.

koberulz 02-04-2018 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I started with after QTGMC. I'll sort some step-by-step stuff later, hopefully tomorrow.

koberulz 02-17-2018 12:08 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Okay so I took a bit longer than expected.

I started with the above sample, and then did this:
Code:

C = ReplaceFramesMC(7421,14).Crop(0,80,0,56)#.Invert("Y")
O = Overlay(A,C,x=0,y=80)
A458 = ReplaceFramesSimple(A457,O,mappings="[7421 7434]")

Mostly works, except for the player on the top left:
Attachment 8205

That needs patching up. So, I imported the whole thing into after effects.

In After Effects, I masked the player in question in his start and end positions:
Attachment 8206
Attachment 8207

And used the Timewarp effect to animate between them:
Attachment 8208

Then in Photoshop, created a clean background plate:
Attachment 8209

I then added that clean plate to the After Effects composition. I did a 3D camera track and made the plate a 3D layer, so it would move as the camera did. I then masked it to only the relevant area, and overlaid the warped player:
Attachment 8210

Then just crop it to the original altered area vertically (56 pixels starting 80 pixels down), turn on the video behind it, add a black solid to keep the left border in place, and export. Some finishing touches in AviSynth and Premiere, and voila:
Attachment 8211