Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-06-2018, 11:02 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogilein View Post
My recommendation is to download "Hybrid" from Selur. It has all the avisynth plugins included and you don't need to search the web for all the dll,avsi
I've never gotten Avisynth to work inside Hybrid. My next step is to contact selur, but I've not had time for it yet. If I have to filter, I just run Avisynth externally first, save to Lagarith, and then let Hybrid convert from Lagarith lossless to the final H.264 (MKV). Extra step, using the lossless intermediary, but so far unavoidable. Noting that my use of Avisynth inside Hybrid would never be frequent anyway, limited filter preset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
Smartphone video is digital to begin with. They should be copied 1:1, not re-recorded and captured. Perhaps members here can suggest a better way.
I don't really understand what he's doing, or why.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
I've never gotten Avisynth to work inside Hybrid. My next step is to contact selur, but I've not had time for it yet. If I have to filter, I just run Avisynth externally first, save to Lagarith, and then let Hybrid convert from Lagarith lossless to the final H.264 (MKV). Extra step, using the lossless intermediary, but so far unavoidable. Noting that my use of Avisynth inside Hybrid would never be frequent anyway, limited filter preset.
I agree with Lord Smurf that avisynth often crashes especially when I use QTGMC with Hybrid. In most cases I use Avisynth scripts with Virtual Dub or Vapoursynth with Hybrid.
But my recommendation to install Hybrid is to get the most used avisynth filters all in one download.
After installing hybrid you will find in the hybrid-32bit folder the avisynth plugins folder which contains all the necessary dll, avsi... files to run the avisynth filters. Now you can copy the folder and if you don't need hybrid just uninstall it. You don't have to download all the nedded plugins from various sources which should be a big help in my eyes for avisynth beginners.

The other recommendation was to use hybrid just to see which plugins are neeeded for example for QTGMC or any other filter.
I have attached a picture to demonstrate it. Here on the picture I used QTGMC. If you push the signs (looks like a eye) above the avisynth button, the avisynth script viewer opens and you see how the script looks like and which plugins you have to use. This should also be a big help for avisynth beginners. Because you'll find always posts on various forums, like I can't get the plugins to work there is missing the...dll or anything else.
You can copy the avisynth script and make your adaptation and then you can use it with Virtual Dub for example.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hybrid.jpg (64.4 KB, 27 downloads)
10-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Free Member

I didnt reencode or recpature anything. Captured on my computer with Diamond VC500 with composite. VCR is Philips VR588. Thats what I have. Captured with virutaldub in huffyuv. cca 30gb 1h.
I was at work and wanted to upload some samples - so I used my Smartphone Asus ZE552KL to connect with my computer over Teamviewer....thats how I controled my computer with smartphone - not reenconed, recapture etc... Thats why messy samples, that I made in hurry - over small smartphone screen (on my computer using Teamviewer)...

Must analyse now instructions, I see now I need better equipment. But until I dont find it, I MUST use this VCR I mentioned. I would like to have some digital video...Examples I saw are improvements - noise removed. Thats better.

Didnt have time last 10 days because of work...Thanks for gread examples, and sudgestions!