Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Free Member

I've just finished making a capture of an older, unreleased movie from a LaserDisc. The video came out decent, but the audio has a lot of nose and hiss. The original movie audio was mono but the LD release was bilingual with English on the right track and Japanese on the left track; during capture I had the sound card balance all the way over to the right track and my rendering software (VideoStudio) recognized and processed it as mono.

I didn't notice the noise so much during capture but then I've just got regular PC speakers on the capture machine. Re-capturing is an option if someone can make suggestions for improving sound quality from the source. Otherwise, what's the recommended procedure for cleaning up noise of this type?

Note for the Disney copyright Nazis: This capture is intended only for my personal video collection.

Attached Files
File Type: mp4 SongOfTheSouthLD_01.mp4 (24.03 MB, 3 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
audio quality, capture, cleanup