06-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Free Member

Hi - one of the known methods of obtaining a stable rendering of a video from an analog (and thus chaotic) source involves taking multiple captures and then using something like Average() or Median() in AviSynth to effectively produce a best guess as to how the video signal should look.

Is there any way to do this for audio as well? I've been looking at the audio signals for some captures used in the above process, and it appears the audio is inconsistent in the same way - peaks in one sample do not appear in the other, and vice versa. I know that there's some kind of "mixing" functionality in both AviSynth and Audacity, but I'm not sure if that's really what I want to do. Mixing multiple samples together creates some kind of simulated surround effect. (I'm guessing audio timing is separate from frame timing, so even if frames match between samples, the audio might still be off... so maybe it's just a matter of properly aligning the audio?)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors