Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for streaming

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Premium Member

NOTE: Sorry for the length of this post

I'm totally baffled here..I recently got a new hd in my encoding laptop and decided it was time to wipe everything and restart from scratch. Set the system up and programs up as usual, got everything working and tried to encode my first video. I captured the file from my tivo dvr and it plays perfectly in its raw state but once I encode it..it all goes to hell in a handbag. I'll explain

I'm using the following programs

Simple X264 launcher
AvsPmod
DGIndex
mkvmerge

- I take my raw mpg and drop it into DGIndex to demux it

- Upon it finishing I take the d2v file and put it into AvsPmod

- Then I apply my interlace as the file I have is a hybrid

Quote:
Telecide(guide=1,gthresh=15).Decimate(mode=3,thres hold=1.0)
- I also use MPEG2Source as I thought DirectShowSource was causing frame drops

so my complete script for avsPmod is

Quote:
MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\encoding\Dr.G.Medical.Exami ner - (S02E02).The.Mourning.After - 2005.d2v")
Telecide(guide=1,gthresh=15).Decimate(mode=3,thres hold=1.0)
- Save the script and start up Simple X264 launcher

- Add the script to Simple X264 launcher, Make my CRF 19.5, then I add my custom x264 parameters

Quote:
--ref 11 --level 4.1 --no-fast-pskip --no-dct-decimate --bframes 5 --b-pyramid normal --direct auto --deblock -2:-1 --subme 10 --partitions all --trellis 2 --aq-strength 0.80 --psy-rd 1.0:0.0 --b-adapt 2 --me umh --merange 48 --thread-input
- Add the job and start it up

~3 hours later~

- I take the mkv video, and the AC3 audio which I demux on step 1 and mux them with mkvmerge. I set the framerate to the right one 29.970

~less then a minute~

- play file

file is completely out of sync. Like by at least 3-5 seconds. It isn't just that source either. I tried yet another one from a different channel, different time, different day, etc etc still same problem. Does anyone have a freaking clue what is going on? Everything that I can think of is up to date, or as up to date as possible as some programs aren't updated anymore. I should also note that if I encode these files in a one click encoder (handbrake, etc) it works fine and I have no sync problems.

Am I missing something ?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
That sounds like too much effort. There may be easier ways to do this.
What's the source file? (file type; be specific!)

At what steo did you notice the sound issue?
Did it sounds fine in AvsPmod? (Use Media Player Classic to play the AVS file.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

filetype is mpg comes straight off my tivo device. I've done this countless times with other videos no problems at all. I started this madness cause I want to put them to dvdr to free up some of my HD space

I notice the sound issue as soon as the first note is played

let me try playing it in media player classic and ill get back to you

UPDATE-
alright so i played the avs file and it works perfect (just upside down and backwards) but audio is in sync with the video perfectly
07-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Free Member

Possibly your source has variable bitrate, if so then you may need to be careful about demuxing/muxing.
A technique I learned here on this site is to trim off beginning and end of file and trim only on I frames
or use a smart rendering program.
For quick trimming and editing, I use avidemux.

I must add though, I don't know anything about all the filtering you have done.

As always on this forum (I am in over my head), my reply may not be any help.
Perhaps only dirtying up the thread....