07-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Free Member

hi, here goes. there is video of an episode for a program that i would like to get archived on the internet. i can download the show with windows media player and watch. it opens in a window that doesn't have the normal toolbar with the file menu etc. without these menus, i don't know how to go about saving this video where i can burn it to a cd or dvd. can someone reply and tell me how to do this? or you can email me at stoogedog@hotmail.com any assistance in this endeavor would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
You have to view the source code of the link to see where the page is loaded. It uses a javascript to remove the normal toolbars. Open this page manually. Then see what the URL of the video file it. It may or may not be possible to download. What I do is create a new HTML file in MS FrontPage, and then make a link to this video. Put FP in preview mode, and then right-click and save as. If that doesn't work, you'll need a streaming capture tool (HiDownload is one), and plug the address in there and let it "record" the stream to your drive.

If this sounds complex, it is. But it works.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Free Member

hi lordsmurf, thanks for the reply. i sent you an email. lmk. thanks