Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for streaming

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Free Member

Greetings!
I've messaged you in the past and your suggestions have always been helpful. If you don't mind have a look at the following--

http://www.lcg.org/cgi-bin/lcg/sermo...tem=1380866401

This link is representative of some of the sermons that I occasionally download for members of our congregation that don't have internet access. They play fine in a small window on your desktop but once you start displaying them on a television screen they reveal their low res origins pretty quickly. I was wondering if there were anything I could do to denoise and deblock them where thay wouldn't look quite so pixellated. I know they will never be perfect but any suggestion is welcome. Many thanks.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Once something has been compressed down to Youtube quality, noise NR and deblocking is often not possible. Mostly what happens is that the noise gets smeared out by blurring when attempting to filter it.

Some advanced Avisynth work is possible.

But I always hesitate to do that on Youtube source. Why? Because the person can often be contacted for the better source.

One these specific videos, I also don't find anything to be overly bad. A problem many people make is judging full-screen quality while sitting inches away at a computer. But once you watch on a TV, or at least sit back on the compute chair, obvious flaws because less obvious. Remember, video is to be watched/enjoyed, not nitpicked!

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs