Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Free Member

Hello,
Today the courier delivered a JVC HR-S7711 video recorder to me. Unfortunately, I connected it and still check all settings. Unfortunately, I cannot find any option that would allow me to play back SECAM tapes and convert them to PAL or NTSC output. Attached are the screenshots of the menu. See how I have the device set up.
When I set the PAL / NTSC position in the MADE SET / COLOR SYSTEM tab, the picture looks like appendix number 6. But when I switch to SECAM, the picture looks like appendix 7 - so it's black and white. And correctly, now the question is where is the function that will convert color to output to PAL system?

The signal I capture is DATAVIDEO TBC-1000 (supports PAL / NTSC) and then the Black Magic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 card which also supports PAL / NTSC.

I don't see any PAL / NTSC or SECAM settings in the input / output settings of this VCR

LordSmurf I am asking you for help.

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards,
halopower

MENU

1a.jpg

PAL / NTSC settings

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

SECAM settings

6_PAL-NTSC.jpg

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-01-2020, 11:19 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Well ... hell.

I need some days to look at this unit again. The 7711 that I have here is a non-English (Dutch? German?) model, not English menus. I forget the exact location off-hand, but there is a MESCAM / PAL+NTSC option on it. I'll have to take some screencaps in the near future.

I don't have any SECAM tapes to test with, however. (Where can I get one very cheap? Or perhaps somebody here will care to donate one for site R&D?)

-- merged --

Do this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...ly-upload.html
I'll make sure we address this, remove those icons, add the paper clip, in the quick reply.
I'll clean up the thread after you post as attachments.

-- merged --

Just FYI, changes are being made to the forum so this attachment/hotlink issue doesn't happen again. The Quick Reply was updated tonight. After verifying it, we'll address new new thread / (advanced) reply page.

I'll get some screen caps from my 7711 deck soon.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: halopower (11-01-2020)