Quantcast JVC HR-S7711 SECAM to PAL input-output settings? - digitalFAQ Forum
10-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Free Member

Hello,
Today the courier delivered a JVC HR-S7711 video recorder to me. Unfortunately, I connected it and still check all settings. Unfortunately, I cannot find any option that would allow me to play back SECAM tapes and convert them to PAL or NTSC output. Attached are the screenshots of the menu. See how I have the device set up.
When I set the PAL / NTSC position in the MADE SET / COLOR SYSTEM tab, the picture looks like appendix number 6. But when I switch to SECAM, the picture looks like appendix 7 - so it's black and white. And correctly, now the question is where is the function that will convert color to output to PAL system?

The signal I capture is DATAVIDEO TBC-1000 (supports PAL / NTSC) and then the Black Magic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 card which also supports PAL / NTSC.

I don't see any PAL / NTSC or SECAM settings in the input / output settings of this VCR

LordSmurf I am asking you for help.

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards,
halopower

MENU

1a.jpg

PAL / NTSC settings

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

SECAM settings

6_PAL-NTSC.jpg

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-01-2020, 11:19 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,705 Posts
Well ... hell.

I need some days to look at this unit again. The 7711 that I have here is a non-English (Dutch? German?) model, not English menus. I forget the exact location off-hand, but there is a MESCAM / PAL+NTSC option on it. I'll have to take some screencaps in the near future.

I don't have any SECAM tapes to test with, however. (Where can I get one very cheap? Or perhaps somebody here will care to donate one for site R&D?)

-- merged --

Do this: How to Properly Upload Images and Attach Files to This Site
I'll make sure we address this, remove those icons, add the paper clip, in the quick reply.
I'll clean up the thread after you post as attachments.

-- merged --

Just FYI, changes are being made to the forum so this attachment/hotlink issue doesn't happen again. The Quick Reply was updated tonight. After verifying it, we'll address new new thread / (advanced) reply page.

I'll get some screen caps from my 7711 deck soon.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Find television shows, cartoons, DVDs and Blu-ray releases at the TVPast forums.
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: halopower (11-01-2020)