01-09-2022, 04:54 AM
Free Member

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here in the forum and in video stuff, I would say. Even though would like to learn and make it a project and build the whole setup for VHS tape conversion for personal needs. I have read quite a lot in the forum and got an idea of what is needed, but again would be really thankful if someone could assist to build a decent (not a pro) setup, not making expensive mistakes

Currently standing on the start line and just having some parts for PC, nothing in the workflow. I will keep updating this thread to follow the progress.

Motherboard: ASRock 4CoreDual SATA2 Rev. 2.0
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Welcome.

That board is PCIe+AGP, so assuming you're going for ATI AIW AGP on XP here, correct?
Decent CPU needed by that board.

Getting the computer is only part of the battle, you also need the proper VCR>TBC for a workflow.

Nothing here is a "pro" setup, nor a cheapskate setup, just a standard setup. VHS video requires good VCR (ideael is JVC S_VHS deck with line TBC, to help you avoid lots of problems later), some sort of frame TBC (an an actual aframe TBC will again avoid lots of problems and errors when trying to use it), and the good capture card (again, avoid problems).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
01-09-2022, 10:24 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
That board is PCIe+AGP, so assuming you're going for ATI AIW AGP on XP here, correct?
Decent CPU needed by that board.
Yeah, I got this board and CPU from a good friend basically for a beer so decided to start with it, assuming I need ATI AIW card. But are those rare, as exploring the online markets seems pretty empty (except those selling only cards, which is useless)?

I read in some thread that Core2 Duo E7600 should run ok for video capture or is it still better to look for other CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Getting the computer is only part of the battle, you also need the proper VCR>TBC for a workflow.
VHS and TBC is on the list, as I am based in Europe, I was looking to VCRshop in the Netherlands to buy a JVC model from there. I still need to analyze more the VHS model buying guide as it looks there are lots of models which might not be right for me.