Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-21-2022, 11:13 AM
Free Member

I currently have an ATI 600 USB...

Is there any significant benefits with internal AGP/PCI cards or the Pinnacle USB?

Thanks!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-24-2022, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

I asked a question not too dissimilar few days ago.

Until someone gives you a good answer you might want to read this:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post82050

(tl;dr that " significant benefits " seems to depend on your particular project)
The following users thank mbassiouny for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-25-2022)
01-25-2022, 05:16 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbassiouny View Post
Until someone gives you a good answer
I think your post was a good answer.

To expand the other post, most of the AGP/PCI/USB Radeon ATI AIW is known as a somewhat perfect card in many regards. Values, aspects, etc.

"Significant" depends.
- For my work, essential, as I restore video more than not. I need every tiny % of quality I can get.
- For my hobby toon recordings, from my old SVHS tapes, I sometimes let the JVC DVD recorder handle it, looks great even with some slight IRE offset (but can be fixed in Avisynth, which I often do now, converting MPEG DVD to H.264 DLNA version for myself and sometimes hobby friends).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
01-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Free Member

Thanks for the reply. I've got a couple free slots in my machine and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any significant quality differences by going internal.

I purchased the USB600 and some other gear in 2011 but after being patient zero for the B&H AVT-8710 debacle I got frustrated and dropped the project. In hindsight just biting the bullet and purchasing a TBC-1000 would have been a good investment.

So 11 years later after dusting off the old boxes and some ebaying I have:

JVC 9911
as needed: DMR-ES10 / DVK-200 / random emerson DVD recorder that seems to have some TBC
Elite BVP-4 Plus
Pinnacle 510 USB

I'm thinking about purchasing an old PC monitor that has S-video / composite inputs for setup/monitoring... Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP is plentiful and cheap. Thoughts?