02-01-2022, 01:49 PM
Free Member

I've got some 16mm home movie film from the 30s that is in pretty rough shape (vinegar syndrome, I think). I'd like to get it professionally scanned before it goes completely to pieces and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to get it done. I saw the pinned thread on a similar topic but it looks like it hasn't been updated in about 5 years and I was wondering if anyone has any new input.

I live in the Washington, DC area and I was wondering about a local company called colorlab. They have an impressive website and claim to use liquid-gate machines, etc, but I haven't been able to find out much about them as far as reviews go.

Otherwise I'm looking at CinePost, which seems to be the most recommended company in the pinned thread on this forum.

Thanks,

Tom
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors