02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Free Member

I'll need guides for MPEG Video Wizard, SoundForge, GoldWave, BeSweet & BeLight, all for how I'd use them in my workflow.

Thanks a lot.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
I'll need guides for MPEG Video Wizard, SoundForge, GoldWave, BeSweet & BeLight, all for how I'd use them in my workflow. Thanks a lot.
And just for reminder, here's the suggested workflow:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Your workflow needs to look like this:
  1. capture video in WinTV with Hauppauge card
  2. edit video (remove commercials, cut junk from before or after show) in an MPEG editor, be it Womble MPEG-VCR, Womble MPEG Video Wizard (my top choice), VideoReDo or TMPGEnc MPEG Editor.
  3. take edited MPEG file, re-encode video to best file for a DVD, also converting audio to WAV for restoration
  4. restore WAV file (remove hiss, noise, buzz, etc) in SoundForge and/or Goldwave
  5. take new clean audio WAV, convert to AC3 or MP2 in BeLight
  6. create some nice menus in software like Photoshop
  7. author in DVD-Lab with nice menus, good video, clean audio
  8. burn DVD folder set with ImgBurn using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs
And here's what we have for you so far:
  1. No guide needed.
  2. Guide at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...-mpeg-381.html
  3. Guide at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...ncept-365.html in first posts of this very thread
  4. Guide at http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/...soundforge.htm and you can ask any questions in a new SoundForge thread, if needed. For example, if you want specific help for your own audio files (instead of generic guide advice).
  5. To be completed
  6. Guide is available, just not published, can be added at http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/.../photoshop.htm if needed
  7. I have a guide written by a colleague that I can probably share (I'll need to ask his permission first), ask in a new Authoring forum post, if it's needed.
  8. This is so simple it probably doesn't need a guide, but a quickie-guide can be written in a forum post, if needed. Ask in a new blank media forum thread, if you need help with ImgBurn.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
02-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Free Member

I don't need a guide for 6, only because I don't have PhotoShop. I also don't need any guides for 7 or 8 because I've done those two steps hundreds of times.

I'll try out step 2, and let you know how that works out. Thanks a lot for writing such an in depth, helpful guide for me. I really appreciate it.
02-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
I'm curious what your authored DVDs look like, using DVD-Lab, from an aesthetical quality stance. If they're really good, maybe I could convince you to try your hand at writing a guide?

That's one piece of software that just bothers me, seems to be overly difficult. Guides that make DVD-Lab easy would be most welcome. While there are guides online, none of them would qualify as "make it easy" in my book.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
02-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Free Member

I've actually considered it before when I made DVDs constantly and was very proficient using it. The only thing on my authored DVD that I don't like is I use a picture of the video as the background on the main menu and you have to stretch the picture out to fit the screen, and it distorts it very much. I've thought maybe PhotoShop might help, but I don't have that. But yes, I'd consider writing a guide for it.