03-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Free Member

I hope it's ok to ask. Would JVC HR-S6700 be a good buy? A fairly relative question but I'd appreciate some advice.

This question has been split from another post or thread. This was done in order to address the topic more in depth, make it easier to find via forum searches, as well as prevent the other post/thread from going too far off-topic. Please continue this part of the conversation here. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
Moved this to its own thread ...
... since it's not really related to the thread where it was posted: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/mark...g-vhs-vhs.html
___

To answer the question: no.

VCRs that old pre-date the modern features and filters that make JVC S-VHS VCRs desirable. That includes the line TBC, as well as the picture filters. In fact, the transport and heads in general are better in the latter generation decks. Owning old JVC S-VHS VCRs tends to be more for collectability, nostalgia, or special needs. If you want the best quality possible from your VHS and S-VHS tapes, this isn't the ideal VCR.

The list of suggested VCRs is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ing-guide.html

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs