Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Free Member

Not all the sellers that describe their products in details and when they does it's often over-priced!

A good S-Video cable for video deliver 75 ohm impedance and have multi-layers protections (coax RG-6 like)

And it's always good to shop. I recently buy a Acoustic Research MS-2200 master serie.
They are huge and have all the specs needed. But prices varie a lot. I got mine for 3.95$

But I found this site that seem to have good quality at cheap price

KHX S-Video Kable

And also S-video.com have many S-video accessories.

That the information I wanna share...if you know others sites...just share them!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Yes, that's not bad at all.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: Mejnour (02-11-2012)
02-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejnour View Post
MS-2200
Was MS220 sorry
04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Free Member

A lot of people use cables from these guys too, especially their HDMI cables

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Selby-Acou...5&_sc=1&_sop=1

Do you guys still recomend Monster cables? they were the rage a few years back but now a lot of guys knock them saying that they are just a normal cable but with a pretty skin?
04-11-2012, 01:37 PM

No. Monster cables are proving to degrade poorly over time, and shielding was never worth the premium anyway. I had to toss out several sets of Monsters in the past year. The most recent one was picking up heavy FM noise between a DVD recorder and a TV set.

You can get quality shielded "no-name" cables. Radio Shack used to sell plenty under their own brand.

Even some of the Philips cables from Walmart aren't too bad.

Cables are not like camera glass, with degrees of quality. The cable either works or it doesn't. The way to ensure you have a quality cable is by insulating it properly, and using good connections inside. Quality metals also helps -- this DOES NOT mean gold, either! Some of our best cables are pure copper. Gold is something that gets marketed to sucker consumers.

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Free Member

Yeah so thats what i thought. They were all the rage in 2003, i even bought one for my ipod, it seemed like g, but so ood quality but after all now that quality is onyl skin deep. I was kinda confused when this year i go re-searching cables again and lots of people bagging out Monster cables it took me by surprise as i thought they were really good. The ebay link i provided above sells mostly cheaper cables but they are pretty good quality. Lots of people praise their HDMI cables which are no different to what the big electrical stores here try to sell to consumers for $200 after they bought their new TV.

Any particular brands you suggest? The most i would want to pay is around $30 a meter or something like that.
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM

You can get a great 6-foot HDMI cable from Supermediastore.com for about $7 shipped.
There's also Monoprice.com.

04-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Free Member

That probably equals at least a $15AUD RRP cable here.