Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Free Member

Currently I own a Tascam DA-20 mkII. I have it running into my Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS platinum using the SPDI/F input cable. Lately I've been transferring my DAT tapes to hard drive via Adobe Audition 3.0 but am having some peculiar intermittent issues.

First, certain DAT material will not transfer into the hard drive when I play them. I have SCMS off and STILL nothing seems to be transmitting from the computers speakers (all the while the sound is coming out of my DAT deck).

Intermittently, I will get a feedback sound that resembles fax machine transmittance. Now and again if I shut off the DAT deck it will go away; other times it won't. Keep in mind that when this occurs what comes out of my headphone jack on the DAT deck is the recorded sound from the DAT and NOT the feedback.

Third, a DAT tape could be effortlessly transferring with AA 3.0 and then, all of a sudden, the program will just freeze up for no apparent reason.

So, for those who are more experienced with this can you give me an idea if this is a DAT deck problem, Soundblaster sound card problem, or computer problem?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Former Site Staff | Computers

Firstly, welcome to the site, glad to have you.

As for your problems, the process of elimination will help to solve this I think.
-First, are you sure the speakers are working properly, and is the sound card output set properly?
-For feedback, are the cables you are using for transfer shielded and away from any power cables?
-And as for AA 3.0 freezing up, it sounds like it could be a resource issue there. How much RAM do you have in the system?
These may sound like stupid questions, but in the end it helps us narrow down what the cause is.

-JMP

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.