09-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Free Member

As the title states. I was going through old stuff at my parents' house and found a Roxio UB315-E capture dongle which they purchased about ten years back when they still had a VCR and were looking to save old tapes. I don't have the CD or drivers for it. I have some much better gear now (thanks to Lordsmurf and eBay), so I'm just curious as to whether this is something to keep on standby "just in case", something to keep in the junk box, or whether its highest and best calling is to be recycled as e-waste?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-13-2018, 03:35 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Roxio rebadges EZcap/Easycap (EZcrap).

It's not trash, just nothing to use for serious work. Video gamers love it because it's cheap, and they're usually just recording nonsense for Youtube to brag to their other gamer nerd buddies. It's not quality. If you Google search the card, many of the result will be from gamer sites and Youtubers showing games as the samples with it.

(Being a gamer is fine, not my hobby, but watching a video of somebody else playing a game reminds me of when I was a kid, when you had a party or get-together, and you had to just watch others while you waited your turn. Depending on the game, it could be incredibly boring. And I mean Atari/NES days here, so yes, dating myself.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Free Member

Junk box it is.

Tags
capture, roxio, usb