digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Project Planning, Workflows (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-workflows/)
-   -   ATI All In Wonder PCIe workflow? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-workflows/9591-ati-wonder-pcie.html)

Artemi 03-31-2019 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, I have dual core Windows XP 32 bit pc with X1900XT.
Everything installed as mentioned in this post http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post17586
I connect video output (yellow cable)
with the cable almost like this

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/atta...1&d=1554149679

(the one I got with gpu)
next, I connect S-video to gpu.
And the thing I got in VirtualDub is

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/atta...1&d=1554149617

What I am missing?:hmm:

Thank you all. Here are the images.

sanlyn 03-31-2019 07:07 PM

Images and samples should be posted in the forum, not off-site. Your images are lost or were not transmitted properly from off-site, making your post useless.
http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...ly-upload.html

jwillis84 03-31-2019 07:19 PM

Artemi, your (posts) count is too low to successfully attach files to your message. The forum will automatically block you to prevent spam.

Sanlyn sent you a good guide to help learn all the forum rules and recommendations. Take the time to read it.

Post a few more messages to other topics, until your message count is high enough to attach files. The forum software will block you from attaching files until you've got enough posts to be judged not to be a robot posting malware or spam.

We don't usually embed images in messages, but rather attach them and refer to them in the message text. There are good reasons, but we need not go into details here.

Most sites and browsers on the Internet (these days) will automatically block "cross site" references to content and automatically deny people other than the poster from "seeing" images they embed in forum postings. You may be able to see them.. but no one else ever will see them. That can make it confusing when you think your posting looks okay.. and everyone else complains. That's how anti randsomeware works these days, no one can fix it.. its just the way it is. All images you want people to see has to be served from the same webserver/forum server so other people can see them.

These aren't only the rules for this forum, if you learn them here it will serve you on other websites and forums. Its nothing specific to this forum.. the same "posts-ranking" and "cross site" embedded images blocking will occur at almost all forums everywhere on the Internet. Its a common enough thing that new people get very frustrated and try to find a place where it doesn't happen.. which forewarned.. is usually a "honeypot" for catching newbies, and they get infected by malware. Take it in stride and learn the rules once and you'll be much happier.

lordsmurf 03-31-2019 07:33 PM

@jwillis84: The forum has no post count requirements for attaching images. But what does happens is that hotlinked images are blocked. There are multiple reasons for that, with the most important being that when (not if, when!) the images go 404, the entire topic is useless for future reference to help others.

@sanlyn: Thanks. :congrats:

@Artemi: Simply attach your images, and we'll fix your post, then try to answer it. :)

ehbowen 04-01-2019 05:00 AM

I think that you might be running into much the same "preview" problem which I have with my AGP AIW 8500. I figured out a workaround for that one, but it took me a while. The workaround is:
  • First, select the "ATI 1200" in the Device settings, as you have done in the second image.
  • Then, set all of your video parameters...capture size, compression, etc. Don't worry that you're not seeing a usable image; just get all of the settings adjusted properly.
  • Finally, once all of your video parameters are set as you want them, go back to the "Device" menu and, without changing any other settings, select the "Microsoft WDM Image" capture device.
  • You should now be able to select "Overlay" (or, perhaps depending on quirks of your system, "Preview") and get a usable image for capture.
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

NJRoadfan 04-01-2019 07:33 AM

You need the purple breakout box to capture video. The cable pictured is a generic composite/s-video breakout port for laptops with video out.

Artemi 04-03-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehbowen (Post 60568)
I think that you might be running into much the same "preview" problem which I have with my AGP AIW 8500. I figured out a workaround for that one, but it took me a while. The workaround is:
  • First, select the "ATI 1200" in the Device settings, as you have done in the second image.
  • Then, set all of your video parameters...capture size, compression, etc. Don't worry that you're not seeing a usable image; just get all of the settings adjusted properly.
  • Finally, once all of your video parameters are set as you want them, go back to the "Device" menu and, without changing any other settings, select the "Microsoft WDM Image" capture device.
  • You should now be able to select "Overlay" (or, perhaps depending on quirks of your system, "Preview") and get a usable image for capture.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks. But it is not working. And when I select "Microsoft WDM Image" it doesn't transfer settings from ATI 1200

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJRoadfan (Post 60571)
You need the purple breakout box to capture video. The cable pictured is a generic composite/s-video breakout port for laptops with video out.

??? I see the first time this. Everywhere was written "you should get the video card with all cables, you need them".

ehbowen 04-04-2019 08:42 AM

ATI cables are always an issue. I know S-Video.com sells a Video-In-Video-Out cable for the X800 which also happens to fit and to work with my own X1800, but I don't know about the 1900. You might give them a call and describe your connector over the phone; worked for me.

keaton 04-04-2019 11:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Echoing what NJroadfan said. From pictures of the card I've seen online, it seems to need just the purple i/o cable/breakout box (and not the second fancy I/O connector that all other ATI PCIe capture cards need to adapt the purple i/o cable/breakout to the custom card connector.). Either the one with the purple box attached, or the white "domino" box should work just as well. Part numbers are 6110019800 for domino box version and 6140004600 for the purple box version. The box side has Composite/S-Video and Left/Right audio (you don't necessarily have to connect the audio, you can bypass audio from VCR out straight to PC audio capture if you prefer with a left/right audio to mini jack cable, then select appropriate Audio Device in Virtualdub). The other side has a purple 8-pin connector that plugs to the capture card.

Attachment 9917
Attachment 9918

These are easy to find on ebay, possibly elsewhere. Search on the part numbers mentioned or with words like ATI purple domino.