Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Development, Design

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Every day our registrar email account is filled up by spam. Here's one that may seem valid to the casual/untrained user, but it's BS:

Quote:
Hello,

My name is Luke I was just browsing around and came over your site www.digitalfaq.com I see there is really some good work done on your site but it is not perfectly coded and optimized which would result in not getting proper ranking at Google search engines and the user interface on your site is outdated.

According to W3C validator there are 94 errors apart from that there are several other things which needs to be considered for better results from search engines and to get maximum revenue out of your site. If you are interested I can go over your site in detail and send you complete list of suggestions which you need to consider getting done on your site.

Looking forward to hear back from you soon.

Regards,
Luke
The W3C validator is (1) helpful for finding errors when they exist, and (2) really just a suggestion, and nothing more. Yes, we have validation errors. But so what? The site still works 100% fine as is. There are certain things that must be coded this way, in order for the site to function as desired. At least 1 of the errors is for Google code on the site.

For example:
Code:
Error Line 16, Column 71: general entity "v1" not defined and no default entity
…gleapis.com/css?family=Shadows+Into+Light&v1' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
This is usually a cascading error caused by a an undefined entity reference or use of an unencoded ampersand (&) in an URL or body text. See the previous message for further details.
Do you think Google code would harm Google search results?

Of course not.

What I also find amusing is the fact that the homepage of the site has 76 Errors and 38 warning -- not the 94 as told by the spammer. So it's not just twisting the facts (i.e., sometimes validation can matter), it's an outright lie!

So take emails like this and put it where it belongs -- in the trash. Ignore it as the shady/scammy crap that it is.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors