Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Development, Design

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-10-2011, 04:01 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hi all...

Just wondering if its possible to lock my BG image image so that it does not scroll, but the content (consisting of images) does scroll 'above' it...

ie. the content of the page moves independently to the BG?

I mostly use Dreamweaver3 and am happy to use extensions or edit html if needed.

That said though I'll try any suggestions that present a solution...

Also wondering if there is a term for what I'm trying to do that would help me search for an extension or solution?

Thanks!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

This was a spammer, but I'll briefly answer anyway...

This can be done with CSS.

A fixed background doesn't scroll with the page. The content scrolls over the background image, which remains stationary. To lock the background in place so that it doesn't scroll, use this:

Code:
background-attachment: fixed;
You also may need this:

Code:
body {margin: 0px;}
And that's basically it.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!