08-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hi all, I am developing a website and was wondering how i would go about ensuring my site is compatible with most screen resolutions. Any ideas? I am using Frontpage (and am not particularly clued-up on coding.

Any ideas welcome. Cheers.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

This was a spammer, but I'll briefly answer anyway...

The simple answer is to (A) Use modern "responsive" designs, or (B) Select a minimum resolution you want to support and be done with it.

This site, for example, does B. We don't really care about making the site cell phone sized, for example, as this site is primarily used by desktop/laptop users. So that means you also need to know your demographics.

If you select to have a "fluid" design, then you really have minimal control over certain design aspects. Most sites don't do this in the 2010s, and I also suggested against it. Responsive is much better, if for some reason you need top "fill a screen" or "shrink to fit".

From StudioPress blog:
Quote:
What is mobile responsive design?
When a website is responsive, the layout and/or content responds (or, adapts) based on the size of the screen it’s presented on. A responsive website automatically changes to fit the device you’re reading it on. Typically, there have been four general screen sizes that responsive design has been aimed at: the widescreen desktop monitor, the smaller desktop (or laptop), the tablet, and the mobile phone. As you can see in the examples below, as the screen gets smaller, the content shifts and changes to the best display for each screen …

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg responsive1.jpg (48.8 KB, 0 downloads)
File Type: jpg responsive2.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 downloads)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
01-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Try viewing your site on an online mobile viewer. We use mobiletest(dot)me. This is where we test the responsiveness of our website in different screen resolutions.
01-06-2015, 03:13 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

You have to sign up for that site, and you don't even know if it works.

No sign-up required here:
- http://quirktools.com/screenfly/
- https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bile-friendly/

The "mobiltest" site seems to be employing Phillippines spammers. That SERP won't last.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Closed Thread