Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Development, Design

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

Also, now I am concerned about my mac laptop, should it take a nosedive, are there alternative HTML editors that I can use on a PC? if I have to go back to a PC while I am still taking this class?

I am using a mac based free program komodo edit, I have Dreamweaver, but it is mac only.

This question has been split from another post or thread. This was done in order to address the topic more in depth, make it easier to find via forum searches, as well as prevent the other post/thread from going too far off-topic. Please continue this part of the conversation here. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
If you want to stick to freeware, then look at CoffeeCup or NVU.
Personally, I prefer to just use Notepad.

But I'd be lying if I said that's how I started learning web design and development. I was using Netscape Gold in the mid 1990s, followed by Microsoft FrontPage and Dreamweaver in the late 1990s and early 2000s. It wasn't until recent years that I've been purely working in Notepad or with a CMS (like WordPress, Ektron, CommunityServer, vBulletin, etc).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
08-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Premium Member

For a text editor I'd suggest Notepad++, it's designed for editing code. the highlighting alone is reason to use it.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

The following users thank thecoalman for this useful post: kpmedia (08-08-2012)