02-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

This is the first in a ongoing series of posts that I'll simply call "Quick Notes".

If I wanted to put ads on my Wordpress site, in addition to always-in-place banners, then I'd consider inline ads inside the post area. I don't want to chase my regular/dedicated readers with ad-filled content, so I'd be selective with how I publish these ads.

Google AdSense makes for a good contextual ad, it's just a text in a slightly different style. It's not as intrusive as image-based ads in the middle of a document.

For Wordpress sites, I'd use this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smart-ads/

On a site that is timely with content (meaning older content is not as important as the newest posts), then I'd opt to enable ads on the posts older than a few days or few weeks. Anybody looking at old archived content gets the ads.

I'm not a fan of ads. But they are often essential, and this is merely one more technique by which to make it happen in a reasonable manner.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

In order to get your website in top ranks of top search engines, you should go for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a technique that optimizes a website through various means and promotes it. It increases the website traffic and hence contributes to an increased sales, business, profit and revenue. Your photography website will certailny be benefited by the SEO technique.
You have to be sure that your web designer is fully on board with your ideas and plans for the website. Make sure that he has understood what is required as the output. Before finalizing your web designer, you can ask him to show some of his earlier designed websites or even contact his clients for the same.
The content of your website must be relevant and the website must be user-friendly.