Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Plesk sent me a scary-looking email today, warning that my sites would be taken offline in 10 days!

Quote:
Subject: <server.kp.tld> Domain event notification: The period of validity is about to expire.
The validity period of domain 's.org', owned by user account 'admin' (Contact name 'kp') is about to expire.
The domain and all of its services will be deactivated by Oct 2, 2011 unless the validity period is prolonged.

The validity period of domain 'l.com', owned by user account 'admin' (Contact name 'kp') is about to expire.
The domain and all of its services will be deactivated by Oct 2, 2011 unless the validity period is prolonged.

The validity period of domain 'd.net', owned by user account 'admin' (Contact name 'kp') is about to expire.

The validity period of domain 'c.com', owned by user account 'admin' (Contact name 'kp') is about to expire.
Almost exactly one year ago, I migrated these four domains to a new server at EuroVPS. It seems that the migration process did not migrate the longevity settings of the domain, instead using the Plesk default of one year. Since these are all my domains (and not domains of clients), the expiration should be set to "never".

This is really easy to fix in Plesk.

NOTE: These images/instructions were performed in Plesk 9.x, and should work the same on both Windows and Plesk.
Note: You must be logged in to view images. Either login or register now (it's free!). Your email is not sold, we don't spam.

Step 1 - Login to Plesk.

plesk-expire1-login.jpg

Step 2 - Go to the Domains page. You can get to the domains page either by using the navbar menu on the left side of the Plesk interface (if present), or by clicking on the domains text/icon on the main Plesk homepage.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Step 3 - Select your domain.

plesk-expire2-domains.jpg

Step 4 - Visit the Resource Usage page. The Resource Usage text/icon is about halfway down the page on most Plesk templates, underneath Mail (email account setup) and Files (file manager, password protection, etc).

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Step 5 - Set to new date, or to 'Never Expires'. Tick the Never Expires box, and the entire date option will become grayed out. Optionally, you can simply select a new date. (Since these are my sites, again, I set to never expire. The only way these sites should go down is if I decide to take them online on my own. Not likely.)

plesk-expire3-selectdom.jpg

... And that's it.

IMPORTANT: Do you have a good host?!
See if they rank on our top 10 list: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...-best-web.html
If you want to run a successful website, you need a high quality host.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: catanmax (11-17-2013)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors