Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Free Member

Hello, I find this page through Google by searching for a good web host and I realize that you have a good knowledge on hosting and you are not trying to recommend the hosting base on affiliate commission.

Here is my question:

We are developing a new website (coupon niche/daily deals) and I'm looking for a great web hosting. I don't have lots of knowledge on web hosting so I want my options be all pre-managed or manageable by webshosting provider. I had many blogs and sites on shared hosting before and I'm good on SEO. This project is my biggest project and the most important factor for me is the website speed. The budget is not really a problem, something bellow $100 monthly. I'm located in USA (Los Angeles) and most of our visitors will be US based (second part of important visitors will be from Europe).

What do you think?
which vps hosting do you recommend? (WHICH HAS cPANEL)
and which you think can give the best website speed and performance?
Does using a managed vps hosting requires any knowledge?

Thanks and sorry for long questions.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevan1 View Post
Anyone?????
Sorry for the slower response. We're here daily, I assure you! But questions asked via email or PM are not in our queues system, and therefore easy to overlook. But I have you now, and any replies made will be in the queue!

Quote:
Hello, I find this page through Google by searching for a good web host and I realize that you have a good knowledge on hosting and you are not trying to recommend the hosting base on affiliate commission.
Exactly.

We're here to help you find a good hosts, the right host, and it doesn't matter if they pay us $0 or $1000. Good is good.
So let's see if we can help you find what you need...

Quote:
This project is my biggest project and the most important factor for me is the website speed.
This immediately says "premium host" and not to waste your time with something cheap, new, small, unmanaged, etc. Somebody like EuroVPS, LiquidWeb, Futurehosting, WiredTree, SolarVPS, etc. A higher grade of host is where you want to put important sites. It's not like it's all that expensive either -- about $50/moth, which is still a cheap cost for business needs.

Quote:
The budget is not really a problem, something bellow $100 monthly.
It's good to have that budget! But you probably won't need more than $75 max, depending on who you go with. Hint: Pick based on reputation, speed, etc -- not just whoever is cheapest. There are some good hosts recommended above, but -- for example -- they're in different locations.

Quote:
I'm located in USA (Los Angeles) and most of our visitors will be US based (second part of important visitors will be from Europe).
I really think you should be looking on the east coast, not the west. Or west coast in Europe. Chicago, KC or Dallas at most (midwest), or better yet NY, NJ, Philly (east coast), Amsterdam, UK (Europe), etc. You'll get much, much better times. This site, for example, is in Amsterdam. It serves Europe, USA, and Canada equally well, which is the primary demographics

Quote:
which vps hosting do you recommend? (WHICH HAS cPANEL)
and which you think can give the best website speed and performance?
If it were me .. decisions, decisions ... I'd go either Futurehosting or EuroVPS on the one. EuroVPS has a Xen based VPS, while Futurehosting has several USA locations. FH is also lower cost (in the end, with managed support from both), though only slightly. (We're talking less than $5 here.) Flip a coin!

Both have cPanel.

Quote:
Does using a managed vps hosting requires any knowledge?
You should still know about VPS, even when managed. Managed hosting is "reactive" (even those that advertise as "proactive"). To be truly proactive hosting, it takes time. There's a lot of things to do to secure a server, keep it updated, etc.

Hiring ad admin, even if temporarily to learn more about them, is a good idea. It'll probably double the VPS cost in the short term, but you still have plenty of budget. (kpmedia is $39/monthly if you want, two month minimum. Contact us if interested.)

Hope that helps.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!